PDA

View Full Version : How to install SIS files?

3650Phr34k
24-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Since allot of these files form these yahoo groups come wihtout intstructions, and I'm a newbie at my phone, I wanted to know how to install them.

i uploaded one SIS file to my webserver and typed in the path in my HTML compatible phone (3650) and it installed fine. however, I tried this 4 times, and it only worked once out of 4. One of htem said my ETI.SIS file was corropted. I have a memory stick reader in my computer at home, can I just copy the files to my memory stick and put the memory stick back into the Phone and install them that way?

noIQ
24-06-2003, 02:43 PM
you can install from memory stick only if you have a file manager program. FExplorer can do this. so basically copy the SIS files to your memory card. run your FExplorer or SeleQ (another file manager program) and find your app on E: and click it to start the install.

3650Phr34k
24-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Thank you. It worked and is much more reliable than downloading it off the web. =)

noIQ
24-06-2003, 05:25 PM
no problem. you can also try and use nokias pc suite software and blue tooth to transfer to your phone. it lets you back up as well through BT. and avesyou the trouble of taking the MMC out of your phone.