PDA

View Full Version : Type of cable

JonnyThunder
24-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi there,

I am (still) trying to unlock my Nokia 7210. It's still at the point where the restriction code has been entered three times, so I know I gotta use a cable....

...so I ordered one of some dude on ebay, and got back what looked like a good cable. Hooked it up, and tried to run JIC Unlocker to reset the tries thing (even when it was in test mode) but it doesn't work. I know the PC is communicating with the phone cos I can force it into test mode.

I since found out that you need a bidirectional cable for the job, and that perhaps mine wasn't. SO....

What i'm after is a wiring diagram for making a cable. I have both of the cable ends so i'm hoping it's just a case of hooking up the correct serial pin to the correct phone pin. Or is it?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
JT

p.s. If it's impractical to make a cable, where can I buy exactly what I need for this job, as cheap as possible??

truelover
17-07-2003, 03:01 PM
hi mate

i may be able to help you with this.
you can try one more code that might unlock your phone.
i just need you imei your phone model and the network its on.

JonnyThunder
17-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Ah, it's ok m8. I've sent it to a friend who's got the kit to do it all. Apparently he's managed to do it successfully so I should have it back soon.

Thanks anyway tho.

truelover
18-07-2003, 12:26 PM
no probz mate anytime.