PDA

View Full Version : Flashing

andy_con
25-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Hello can anyone help. Im just starting out with mobile phones and when using rolia flasher any version, i cant get it to work. all it say when i try to write to the phone is turn on phone shortley.
Can anyone help.

chunkhead
25-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Well turn the phone on then!? Or insert the charger! If you have done this and still no result, make sure your cables are secure, and that your using a Flasher cable (LPT) and that the correct settings are set in Rolis!;)

andy_con
25-06-2003, 02:57 PM
IVE DONE ALL THAT AND ITS STILL SAYS POWER ON SHORTLY. IVE TRUNED DIFFERNT PHONES AND DIFFERENT FLASHER FILES. PLUS DIFFERNT VERSION OF ROLIS. IVE NOT GOT A CLUE WHAT TO DO. THE PORT ON THE BACK OF THE LAPTOP ARE FINE.

chunkhead
26-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Ahhh, a laptop!!!

What you need to do to get it to run on a laptop is:
Go into Bios and change the Parralel port to ECP!
If you don't have a bios ( Normally pressing DEL while starting up) you will need to download a bios config program from the manufacturers website!
You can check your port mode by pressing the following: Windows key+ Pause\Break, then click on Device Manager and click the + button next to ports! The printer port will most likely say SPP, EPP or ECP\EPP! You need ECP only!!!;)

andy_con
26-06-2003, 08:35 AM
ok thanks

andy_con
05-07-2003, 12:02 PM
LPT1 set as ECP, but still does not work. When using 'Write binary to flasher' it gives an error concerning start & end addresses so I am not really any further forward. :confused:

We are attempting with a 8210 using flash file 5.26.

Your help is very much appreciated. :)

matt_016
05-07-2003, 04:26 PM
@ andy_con

What Windows U R running on??

If XP, maybe U didn't install UserPort.

If then, go and get one. (U can find it in this forum - SEARCH)