PDA

View Full Version : help! - i turned my 3410 into a paperweight!

Dinger3410
25-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Hi I tried to flash my 3410 with the new software V5.30 and It went wrong, I didnt make a backup and now it wont switch on!

what can i do!

I cant re flash it because rolis isnt detecting it because it wont switch on!

GeeZuZz
26-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Rolis can flash it as long as there is no problem with the hardware. No matter how dead it is.

Just make a MCU+PPM+EEPROM file, and flash it.

btw, where did you get the 5.30 files?

bobl
26-06-2003, 04:55 AM
@GeeZuZz

Thought you got rid of your 3410? The 5.30 post was here:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30691

It's also got a full list of updates by my request. I really don't think it's worth me going out and giving it to a repair shop (You guys think it's free as well?)

@Dinger3410

Unlucky with the phone, although you know you should have backed up, this sort of stuff shouldn't happen.

What did you do wrong? Any ideas or random fuckup?

Cheers

Bob

Dinger3410
26-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz
Rolis can flash it as long as there is no problem with the hardware. No matter how dead it is.

Just make a MCU+PPM+EEPROM file, and flash it.

btw, where did you get the 5.30 files?

any ideas on where i can get hold of one thats already made coz i dont know how to make a complete flash :)

Dinger3410
27-06-2003, 03:43 PM
right I cant flash with knok cus i get "canot prepare phone" and I cant flash with Rolis because it wont erase the flash file!

I have tried erasing the flash wirh knok but just get "canot prepare phone"

what else can i try to flash it with? (not dos based!)

Dinger :(

wwanthony
27-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Just tried to read my full flash on 3410 to post for you but dialog box came up saying "Bad Checksum will get contact service if flashed". Its from a brand new phone and hasnt been modded in any way??

Is 5.30 really the official latest version? I bought my 3410 about a month ago and it is v5.06?

I had lots of trouble trying to erase the whole flash on various phones using Knok but persistence prevailed success. I think if you keep trying to erase the whole flash it will work in the end, try plugging in your charger when asked to power on and keep it in throughout the whole process, also make sure the battery is fully charged.

GeeZuZz
27-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by bobl
@GeeZuZz

Thought you got rid of your 3410?

True... Just wanted a copy of the files on my webpage.

Dinger3410:

Have you tried writing to your phone using Knok?
If Rolis gives you errors, you must disconnect and connect the battery and cable before it will work again. Sometimes restart Rolis to

Making a full flash is very easy.

First convert the mcu and ppm files to dejan format (.fls). Then open up a command prompt (start -> run -> command (win98) or cmd (win2k/xp)).

Assuming you have the file mcu.fls ppm.fls and eeprom.fls in the same folder, here is what you enter:

copy /b mcu.fls+ppm.fls mcu-ppm.fls

copy mcu-ppm.fls+eeprom.fls fullflash.fls

Now you have a fullflash...

bobl
28-06-2003, 06:29 AM
copy /b mcu.fls+ppm.fls mcu-ppm.fls
copy mcu-ppm.fls+eeprom.fls fullflash.fls

Don't you mean:

copy /b mcu.fls+ppm.fls mcu-ppmfls
copy /b mcu-ppm.fls+eeprom.fls fullflash.fls

The /b is required also in the second line, no?

If your MCU, PPM and EEPROM aren't in fls format you also need to converted them using nascon.

@wwanthony

I believe 5.30 only just came out (A recent post in 33xx highlighted it), my 3410 is only a few months old and that's on 5.06. :)

Cheers

Bob

wwanthony
28-06-2003, 10:54 AM
"(A recent post in 33xx highlighted it)"
Yeah I know, I just wanted a confirmation from you guys.

You could use Rolis to load the mcu followed by ppm, press the arrow pointing up then save as mcu-ppm.fls. Then you could join the eeprom with the command prompt
"copy /b mcu-ppm.fls+eeprom.fls fullflash.fls"

z0z3ko_Ol
28-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I flashed mine to 5.30 with no prob and i used knok.
Sometimes i get cannot prepare fone. But i believe its coz of loose connection with the bat
Try again with knok.