PDA

View Full Version : More 3390 shiznit

green gerbil
06-06-2002, 02:58 AM
Ok, well this is what I have figured out with 3390 flashing so far.
The nokdoc checksumless mcu makes it somewhat possible to flash modified ppms to the phone. When you use the nokdoc mcu, the checksums calculated by ppmmanager are correct to the point where the phone boots. Unfortunately here is where the success ends. I have so far found it impossible to calculate correct faids with any program for the phone.

If you use anything like the b-phreaks logger, it will not make any difference in the phone whatsoever. If you use nokiatool or koci logger with the faidmonster tool, then service pops up with 0 bars for a few seconds then goes away. Shortly the phone resets. Calculating with knok is impossible because knok cannot analyse a flash file with the checksumless mcu (cannot prepare phone error when emulating from flash file.

Now on regular flashfiles, I think I found out how the 3390 is different. The regular ppm checksums/crc's and the mcu checksum/crc are the same as on any other nokia. The overall ppm checksum/crc (the one in mcu) is calculated some different way, however. The 2nd eeprom checksum is also calculated differently (as Nutzo stated). I have not figured out the different way these are calculated. Editing regular flashes causes ppm validity errors.

The AIM and netmonitor menu have also disappeared under misterious circumstances as well, seemingly for no reason. The phone needs to be reflashed for them to appear.

Any ideas.... please... anyone.... :(