PDA

View Full Version : 3310 Power Problem

englishpunk
06-06-2002, 01:01 PM
A 3310 i was recently given to me has a power problem, i have reflashed eeprom/mcu/ppm ( v5.47 / G ) but to no avail ( i did actually have a weird problem where when you put a sim in and started the keys locked instantly ( ie showed locked screen animation ) but i solved that with a full set of SFS resets ( any ideas ? i have no ringtone names now, heh )), anyway the power is still dodgy, how do i tell what version the phone is so i can check it off against the faulty components list ? Is it the code ( above IMEI on security label ) ? If so that is 0504299, any help much appreciated, oh and any idea how to get back tone names would be cool too.

Thanks

treazoNOKIA
14-06-2002, 11:57 PM
hi, what you could do is get a full flash/make one from a friends working 3310 then flash that to your faulty phone [start address 0020000..the phone should work after do what you usually do after a flash...update faid, clear sp locks, set iemi. it should work and after if you wish you can then upgrade the software by just flashing the ppm & mcu.

hope that helps

englishpunk
15-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Ta, but probably should have made it clear i have full flashed, and also mcu/ppm even eeprom, still have same problem, i have changed imei, set faid etc. using several methods so am pretty sure it's hardware, just needed to find out which are faulty, ta again anyway mate :)

treazoNOKIA
15-06-2002, 05:41 PM
sorry if i couldn't be of any help. prehaps some liquid has come into contact with the circuit board..that could really screw up the standby times and explain battery drainage...pcb cleaner might help.