PDA

View Full Version : Reading/Writing Flash Files

phonedudes
08-06-2002, 03:25 AM
Was wondering what kind of success people have had reading the USA/CANADA/MEXICO TDMA/CDMA flash files and with what software.

For the most part we just WRITE flashes with WINTESLA (w/dongle) but want to be able to read/write without using a license every time.
We have been able to read a few phones but not write any successfully unless using Tesla.

Anyone have any progz or atleast a link to some that work?

Thanks..
Phonedudes

j73wa
25-06-2002, 03:47 AM
Hi Guys

I am rather new to this so please forgive me. I recently downloaded a seemingly working copy of Wintesla 7.05 online and whenever I try reading the phones I get the message "Cannot get functionality DLL filename from INI file". I assume that the 5185, 5120 and 6120 are not supported. How do I get the DLLs or solve this problem?

Wayne

phonedudes
25-06-2002, 07:36 AM
You listed 2 different technology phones CDMA/ TDMA and depending what you want to do may or may not work through wintesla, but will require different dll's if they do.
So which phone are you wanting to work with and what is it your wanting to do?

Phonedudes
:D

j73wa
25-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Hi Phonedudes

In Dominica we use the TDMA phones (5120, 5125, 6120). I would like to read the TDMA phones and just see what's in there - just in case something goes wrong sometime. As for the 5185, which I guess is CDMA, I am trying to find the Service Program Code which stops me from activating it here in the caribbean. I have used New Nokia Tool to read this phone many times but I cannot get the SPC.

Silva
25-06-2002, 03:51 PM
Dear friends,
as promised, they follow the flash files lowered of the 5180 enclosed and also the screens of the knok-phoenix during the reading.
I am using the bootloader of the wintesla and cable fls1. I didn't still record the files lowered in another phone but I will make this as soon as it is I possible and I will post the obtained results here.
Greetings the whole ones,
Silva.

Silva
25-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Dear friends,
once again I come to bring good you inform. And I got to also read the 6120 without any mistake.
I am enclosing the file(and the log for this file) read by the knok so that you can analyze.
I am enclosing also some screens of the knok during the reading.
Good luck for everybody.
Greetings,
Silva.

phonedudes
26-06-2002, 12:02 AM
I noted in other post but the flash file is empty if you check with Hex Editor.
Not sure why, but even though looks like read and goes through the whole process the file is still empty.

Phonedudes

Silva
26-06-2002, 06:03 AM
Excuse me,
I went a fool.
I had not checked the files such an it went to my euphoria.
Sorry,
Silva.

Silva
26-06-2002, 06:29 AM
excuse me,
I went a fool.
I had not checked the files such an it went to my euphoria.
Sorry,
Silva.

phonedudes
26-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Dont feel bad SILVA, Trust us we thought the same thing when it happened to us! :) We had the same SMALL zip file thats what caught our attention. (very easy to pack ff and 00's!)

At the least your making an attempt. So we do appreciate that. Unfortunately most of the people on this forum are not into TDMA/CDMA and the few that are do not have many resources to help them, to help us.

Keep on .... one of us will get it.

Phonedudes

:p