PDA

View Full Version : sharp gx10 mms problem

jensenh1
29-06-2003, 12:03 AM
ive unlocked a gx10 and inputted all the correct wap and mms settings for the o2 network. The fone,Wap and text works ok ,i can receive pics but when i send they never reach their destination although i am billed for them.Have spoken to o2 and this handset is not supported by them and so they wont investigate.Has anyone successfully sent mms after unlocking?or any ideas out there? thanks

bobzyeadon1
06-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Hiya

Just unlocked me gx-10 so i can use it on 02. any chance that you can let me no all of the settings i need to enable me to use the mms

Cheers

Apprentice
09-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Hi guys
If O2 does not support the gx10, they probably mean they
dont support the code the gx10 uses to send the mms pics.;)

davejwilly
09-07-2003, 11:10 PM
has your sim card been updated to send and recieve mms ask o2 to send you a sim update

jensenh1
20-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Here are the settings for o2 wap and mms pre pay ...

Sharp GX10 MMS PrePay Set Up

o Press the M key
o Scroll to option 7 "Settings" and select
o Scroll to "Internet Settings" and select
o Select WAP settings
o If O2 WAP is in the menu, select and edit. If not, select one of the empty profiles
At this point, enter the settings as follows:
Profile Name - O2 WAP
IP Address - 193.113.200.195
Homepage - <http://wap.o2.co.uk/>
Port Number - 9201
Circuit Prompt - Disable
Connection Type - GPRS
o Then from the menu select GPRS settings
At this point, enter the following settings:
APN - payandgo.o2.co.uk
Username - payandgo
Password - password
Linger Time - 120
Once these have been entered press back twice and then save the settings when it gives you the option
o Press back once more, and then select MMS settings
o If O2 MMS is already selected in the menu, then select edit. If not then select one of the empty profiles
At this point, enter the settings as follows:
Profile Name - O2 MMS PrePay
IP Address - 193.113.200.195
Relay Server URL - <http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002/>
Port Number - 9201
Connection Type - GPRS
o Then from the menu select GPRS settings
At this point, enter the following settings:
APN - payandgo.o2.co.uk
Username - payandgo
Password - password
Linger Time - 120
o Once these have been entered press back twice and then save the settings when it gives you the option

have fun! it worked for me but can be a little slow cross network and unreliable.

:)

huddsclaire
21-07-2003, 05:05 PM
I have a sharp gx10 which is unlocked so i can use my o2 prepay sim and I can't access any wap features or use the mms features not even to receive images so how did you get yours to work I have input all the correct settings but still no joy know what you mean about o2 being of no help at all
cheers claire

bobzyeadon1
21-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the settings mate, just one thing, what are the CSD settings??

Thanks

Bob

davejwilly
21-07-2003, 07:19 PM
CSD means cicuit swtched data and it is the older way of connecting to wap. GPRS being the new way. CSD means you connect to wap through a dial up number which you have to enter into the CSD settings. most phones have an either or setting so that if you cannot connect through GPRS then they will try to connect through a dial up no. obviously connecting through GPRS is better as it is quicker.

davejwilly
21-07-2003, 07:20 PM
@jensenh1

good work m8 all we need now is settings for the Orange network. does anybody know these.

jensenh1
21-07-2003, 11:07 PM
@Clairhudds
Before you input all those settings for wap and mms go into phone settings (menu 7) and press" Master Reset " then input wap and mms settings and try again. that should fix it!