PDA

View Full Version : dct-4

tuononero
08-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi again,
I'm searching for a cheaper way to flash dct-4!
I'm looking for the net the griffin box scheme bat it seems be none!

Can anyone give me any advise?

Thank you

T.N.

DavieB
09-06-2002, 12:24 AM
Lol - the DCT4 schemes and hex's areFAR (at least a year IMHO) from being free...
There are currently 4 boxes which do DCT4 that I know of (can't be bothered thinkin up all of 'em!) so the authors are 100% up for making money on them

I think Griffin is now $999 - which is pretty cheap!

Tele-way do a good deal also, as do www.b-phreaks.co.uk (on their own box)

Rgds,
David C. B.

tuononero
09-06-2002, 01:02 AM
Ooops, i wrote bat instead that but... i apologyze!

Anyway, thank you! I got that but i don't accept it!
I mean, when dejan created the flasher scheme gave it to all, just for free!
Now this dct4 mode it's a good occasion to make money!
AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh, i say, isn't there anyone how bought a box for dct4 ans is so kind to give us all the scheme?

Think about it!

I (just one of all) buy a box, i make a scheme of it and i spread it to the net...

Who will still sell boxes for dct4? No one!!

Mah.... maybe i'm dreamin, but all starts from a dream!

Sorry about alll this mess!

Just another thing...

Everybody wants to change the 3330 to 3410, that's impossible! Why not 5210 to 3410???
Keyboard is the same, flash size too... i don't know for the sram!

Thank you again!

T.N.

DavieB
09-06-2002, 11:46 AM
The scheme isn't everything!
ALL of the software has some form of dongle protection. DCT4 uses encrypted flashes, bootstrap, etc - The algo's are in the box - not the software

So you'd need to read the IC's in the box, which I'm almost certain would be impossible. Also, some implement an inline DK2/3 deskey so we'd have to make copies of it (NOT an easy job)!

tuononero
09-06-2002, 06:12 PM
So it'll be never possible to flash dct4 with a device as flasher cable or dejan box, isn't it?

If so, we will never have something to flash dct4 for free...:eek:

Anyway, thanks for all!

T.N.

DavieB
09-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Well, if the authors of the devices decide to release the hex for free I'm sure someone will convert it into useful algos for software..

I believe the voltages on the devices are the same - maybe I'm wrong and we'll need new cables/box for ££ but I'm sure within a year it will be ££ not ££££ !!!

tuononero
10-06-2002, 12:47 AM
Wait wait wait wait...
so we are talking about hex files...
If so i really don't understand what the problem is...
If the problem rounds around the hex maybe there's a pic.. isn't it?
So, if there's a pic it's a device just as the dejan box!
Is it really so hard read the hex code from the pic?
I don't think it's an ic like the original wintesla dongle...
I have no idea as a dct4 box is made by... but i'm trying to follow a logical line...

Let me know if i'm wrong!

T.N.

DavieB
10-06-2002, 08:01 AM
Well, hex can refer to hex from ANY IC (PIC, ATMEL, etc)
If these guys are smart they'll have used the latest ATMEL with code protection as they die soooooo easily when you try to read them...

Some of the boxes (not including griffin i believe) have the components drowned in silicon or epoxy so taking that off to even get at the chips would be no easy task!

You say a pic would make it easier - maybe easier than an atmel but it still wouldn't alter MY expectations. You forget many devices use PICS and similar programable chips, for instance mondex card which are smartcard "wallets" set to replace ID cards, subscription cards (already in use on UK NTL cable), real wallets and tangeble money and much much more. Do you think it would still be easy to read them cos they are programmable systems? Not a chance in hell I hear you say - and you're right as they are a prime example of how secure secure can be if you really want it to be :)

Rgds

tuononero
10-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Ok, i got it.

I am not so expert with programmable ic (i only know how to program a wafer, a piccard2, a fun) but i don't think that only the box inventer are so smart!!!

T.N.

DavieB
10-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Yeh but internal security of the more secure cards/chips is such that any attempts of outside tampering renders the contents erased!

Just look at simcard PIN security - no-one has cracked "every" card - it just wont happen due to the closed nature of the circuit!

Junk
20-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Guys, why not just monitor what is sending before Box and after?
Then just compare and think of Logical Formula....

DavieB
20-06-2002, 07:01 PM
Hrm - Yeh possibly but... Encryption is in place so we could possibly replicate communications (i.e. flash files where we've watched the comms) but not create our own comms (e.g. flash unmonitored files from NMP)

Encryption of flashes/headers will be rock solid to crack - look how long it took to do FAiD...
Now these ones are reallllly tough (can't remember all the technical details, dont understand them all actually!) and the volume of data is immense :)

Sorry if I sound pesemistic here but I (as many of you were) was here for the "cracking" of dct3 FAiD stuff!

Junk
21-06-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, what kind of information is not understandable?

And what kind of information do u have? If this is more than just Service Manual, where do we can get it?

Just let remember, that there IS some boxes, that do this "tricky" calculations, and there are people who made that boxes. How have they done that boxes? I can't understand why we cannot do the same way as they?

May be there is some other problems that cannot solve but they can, so tell me what kind of?

nokiak22
26-06-2002, 10:57 AM
hi guys
one question for u!!
how could i do to modify IMEI on DCT4 for an 8310?
Thx.

eastRain
27-06-2002, 04:24 AM
Hey guys, Dejan had just released his own DCT-4 Box, which have MCU PPM upgrade function, Contact Service repair & SP UNLOCKING WITHOUT LOG FILES!

Junk
27-06-2002, 05:23 AM
well, well.... now we will try to crack it... to find scheme.... well it eems to be not good. Could we find the algo's used?

DavieB
27-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Brute forcing the algo's would be impossible - but now 3 boxes offer on the spot (no logs) calculation/unlocking!!!
And they cost about £1k each!

One from Dejan, one from 666 (Grifin) and one from er2000 (Neelix II)

Lets hope some kind sole reverses them, or dejan gives it free eventually..

Junk
27-06-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, all we need is algo to decrypt Flashes in DCT-4 phones... then like in DCT-3 reverse engeneering of Flash Files and find out the algo of FAID and others ....
Or i'm not right?