PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Your Phone?

MaxJivi
29-06-2003, 09:21 PM
I know this is a stupid question but im new to all this Phone ( Hacking ) and stuff but what does Unlocking your phone do? does it give you full access or what? Thanks.

wwanthony
29-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Unlocking your phone enables it to work using any sim card from any network all over the world. Saves money on roaming charges.

Some sound advice to you would be to have a really good search all over this forum to find answers to your questions, as more often then not they would have been answered in previous posts.

The search button is located Top Right Corner.

all the best. ;)

MaxJivi
29-06-2003, 11:45 PM
so that means no roaming charges? is there any other benifits in it? as in Long Distance and other stuff? thanks.

n00bs
30-06-2003, 05:59 AM
If you unlock your phone, you can use any sim card from any network so the biggest advantage of this one is you can use multiple sim cards using one phone (I have 2 accounts from 2 different networks in my place and I just had my phone unlocked)

chunkhead
30-06-2003, 06:17 AM
Unlocking does NOT mean you have no roaming charges! All it is is if you unlock your phone from your network, when you go to another provider, whether it be in your country or another, the new simcard will work in your phone and will not display" Sim Card Not Accepted"! So in summing up, unlocking your phone can help prevent you having to use roaming!;) :D

wwanthony
30-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks for clearing that up chunkhead.

Sorry I wasnt very clear. I just meant you can use another sim card when abroad instead of paying the expensive roaming charges from the home network your phone may be locked to.