PDA

View Full Version : 2 question about 3310 falsh file



delphilord
30-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi,
Q1)When enter date,You cant enter any Year earlier than 1991 also if you enter a date before 2000 you get error message.also you cant enter any date after 2090.I searched flash file and dont find any thing.Any one know where is this limits in flash files?
Q2)Month dyas def is in address 12a3d0 "1f 1c 1f 1e ...."
But when change them nothing hppen.Is any copy of them in MAD?

( i wanna change this because iranian months are 31 days for first 6 month,30 for next 5 and 29 for last month of year)

delphilord
03-07-2003, 08:47 AM
no help?

jeep
03-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Interesting question...

As you quite rightly say, there is a table at 12a3d0 (I checked 3310 v5.57) that stores the number of days per month. There is a second table at 12a3e0 for leap years (where February has an extra day)

Remember that 12a3e0 will be 32a3e0 when flashed to the phone as the MCU starts at 200000.... a quick search gets us this.

053040: 0000076c 0000082a 0032a3e0 0032a3d0

076C (hex) = 1900 (dec)
082A (hex) = 2090 (dec)

Which should hopefully explain the 2090 limit (I'll be 120 then, so that's plenty for me :) )

There is another reference to the month length tables at d3de8.

Looking for the 1991 limit, assuming that this is also 4 bytes, it should be stored as 000007c7. This only appears once in the flash, at offset db338.

If changing these makes no difference to the limits when setting the date, then they are probably part of the (unused) calendar code. I know that the MCU contains text strings for the calendar (such as Monday, Tuesday etc), but I don't know if the calendar code was left in MCU and just disabled. Maybe this is a clue that it (or at least some of it) is there? :D

HTH
George
(something tells me this will start a flood of requests "how do I enable the calendar in a 3310..." :D)

delphilord
03-07-2003, 12:50 PM
So thanks.
I will give a try....

NokDoc
03-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Mr. Jeep,

>> this will start....

Not from me. ;)

I only wanna thank U for this nice info. :)

NokDoc