PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Programming

xtturbo
11-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Ok, heres the project:

Nokia 8210 with built in encryption, used for encrypting sms. Hopefully using a public/private key system...key exchanged over IR/normal SMS.

I have a very talented coder who is willing to develop. However, neither of us have any experience in coding for mobile phones.

I choose the nokia 8210 as i have one, development will also most likely be done for 3310.

I would really love to hear from anyone who has experience in modifying phone binaries.

What are the cpus on these phones?
Do they use a standard instruction set?
How does one go about hacking a binary?

Obviously, useless features such as games will be ripped to accomate the extra features...if need be.

If you can code and would like to help PLEASE email me on:

[email protected]

do not bother with enquiries about when this will be out. If we succeed, you will all know.

Mulder3
11-06-2002, 05:45 PM
They use MAD2 ARM CPU, you can get instrucion set at ARMīs website.

Also, there are a nice diassembler for nokia flashes : WinARM!

xtturbo
12-06-2002, 06:19 AM
thx, but i cant seem to find any refference to MAD2 on www.arm.com. You wouldnt have a link would you?

CarloOchotorena
12-06-2002, 06:34 AM
Here. Try this...

ldril
12-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Take a look at
http://www.geocities.com/nok5rev/
Maybe it can help you. The site is about 5110, but I think the knowledge can be translated to other phones as well.

The MAD2 processor is a custom made processor so I don't think you'll find info about it anywhere (except maybe something leaked from Nokia). However it is based on ARM architecture and uses the ARM and Thumb (mostly) instruction set.