PDA

View Full Version : How to connect to PC Suite via infrared??

aazain
02-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I installed PC Suite for my 3650 but am not able to connect with it. When I double click on the program, it asks me to connect my phone to the pc??? why does it not detect infrared.

The other problem is that the nokia connection manager detects my 3650 on infrared, but when I select 3650 and click on apply, I get the follwing error message: "IrSocket API error (0x80043205, NokiaCL.Service Layer)

Please someone help me get connected to my pc suite via IR

markchee
06-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Some programs are using the same port.Try using disable porperties for that one using it.If cant work,you have to let us know whats the softwares that using together with ir.Do some work.

herimitis
10-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by markchee
Some programs are using the same port.Try using disable porperties for that one using it.If cant work,you have to let us know whats the softwares that using together with ir.Do some work.

hey, i do have the same problem, but i gave it up, because i saw that there is no other program sharin the same port with the ir, but still the same messge appears. So i went with the wireless link and i do all the work...so i am curious to see if you have an idea

L Bo
11-07-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by herimitis

hey, i do have the same problem, but i gave it up, because i saw that there is no other program sharin the same port with the ir, but still the same messge appears. So i went with the wireless link and i do all the work...so i am curious to see if you have an idea

Wireless Link is the bomb! Laptops with built in ir are even better! ;)

aazain
11-07-2003, 07:10 AM
I managed to finally connect with my pc suite. All I did was make sure infrared was selected on the connection manager... didn't try to select 3650 and click on accept as that usually produces an error. I also made sure that communication port was set to infrared.

After doing this when I finally opened pc suite, i got connected easily. Since then i have connected several times without any problem.

Makeitso
30-07-2003, 02:58 PM
I managed to finally connect with my pc suite. All I did was make sure infrared was selected on the connection manager... didn't try to select 3650 and click on accept as that usually produces an error. I also made sure that communication port was set to infrared.

I tried this but no luck! I clicked on connection manager and sure enough my phone was listed, I DIDN'T Click on 'Apply', I made sure that mrouter was set to 'IR Port', I opened PC Suite, and clicked on OK....Absolutely nothing happened!
I also tried for ages to try to get this bloody program to work with my Bluetooth device with no luck.
There is NO support for this program, it causes various problems with my PC, and it don't flipping work!
I do not have any programs sharing the port, the only thing that even mentions my phone is the wireless link thingy in XP, but I dont think I can get rid of that without the IR stopping to work as well.
Does anybody actually know how I can get this bloody thing to work for once and for all, or does anyone know where I can get some support for Nokia PCsuite?
Failing all that, does anyone know if there is another program that I can get to download all my pics and movies from my phone (to free some space up), that ACTUALLY works with the 7650?
I appreciate any help at all in advance.
Thanks

aazain
30-07-2003, 07:35 PM
to send stuff from phone to pc you probably don't need the pc suite. just slect the files you want to send using seleQ or Fexplorer and use the send via infrared option, then just align your phone with the ir port of your computer. The files should get transferred without any problem...

Makeitso
30-07-2003, 10:25 PM
I do have seleQ installed, and tried what you said. A message pops up on my PC sayinf 'Receiving files', but it doesnt seem to be sending the files (in this case a very small picture only 2k). The progress bar on the phone where it says 'sending file' stays in the middle and the picture doesnt get sent. Do I have to set the speed in the IR device properties to anything other than the default? It says that its connected at 115200.
Thanks for the reply :)

aazain
31-07-2003, 04:57 AM
try reducing the speed, that works sometimes.

Makeitso
31-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi,
I tried reducing the speed from last night, and what happens now, is that a popup comes on my desktop saying receiving files and asks if I want to accept. Depending on the speed, when I click yes or yes to all, it appears to be downloading, and the phone says its sending, but the progress bar just stays in one place and after about 5 minutes of trying to download a 2k test pic , i evetually give up.
I'm really lost now, cause it should work on something so basic. I find that I cant even send files to phone using the wireless link feature either.
Thanks again for all your help, further help is greatly appreciated.:(