PDA

View Full Version : DCT3 flashing

ianb1985
02-07-2003, 12:55 PM
As a newbie i found Nokiatrashers tutorial in FAQ's very useful - i cannot praise him highly enough!

But i still have a few questions!

1) Are all DCT3 flasher cables the same? I'm sure i have seen somewhere that some cables will only work on earlier firmware versions?? This could explain the huge variation in prices i have seen (~£75-£15)

2) Is it possible to use nokia tools 1.9 with an autoswitching f/mbus serial cable? i am having trouble finding either a switchable or just an mbus cable connector.

thanks a lot

ib

bobl
02-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Good questions, these will go in the FAQ

1) I am pretty sure all dct3 flashers are about the same, it's possible the quality difference, but they do vary in price for no apparant reason. Shop around, see something cheap from a reliable site, buy it :)

2) Okay, here's the deal. *Apparantly* Noktools by Rolis doesn't work with autoswitching, just pure Mbus.

I have locked and unlocked with my autoswitching cable without any problems. Simply use NokTools Auto setup option. (It's the little lady bug symbol).

So in my opinion there is no problem in using an autoswitching cable...:)

Cheers

Bob

ianb1985
02-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

I can now confidently go and buy myself a flasher kit + f/mus connector - and if it doesnt work....i'll blame you bobl.....LOL :D

I'm still puzzled by the fact that e.g. NK-FLASH from ucables.com will not unlock 3310's with verisons higher than 4.45 (latest 5.87 i think) - does this just mean you have to downgrade first or what?

Last questions i promise! -

1) why would anyone want a cable set with a dongle?
2) If you flash an unlocked phone with newer firmware, why do you have to calculate FAID>>check simlock status>>calculate FAID?

Once again many thanks

ib