PDA

View Full Version : 3330 no signal - help

Bhavin
13-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Hey, need some help.

Basically, i got a nokia 3330 v4.16. its problem was that it got signal for 2 secs on any network, then dropped it permanently.

I have flashed a v4.50 mcu+ppm to it, and have flashed a new 3330 eeprom (used rolis flasher 4.71, and ued rolis noktool 1.8 for sp unlock, imei and faid) but still no luck.

Have opened it up and all is in mint condition, no cracks or damage anywhere, so deduced it must be software problem.

One thing- when i reset factory settings from the phone settings menu using security code, it shows the network on screen, but no signal - strange isn't it.

Would be gr8 if sum1 cud offer advice.

thanks

green gerbil
14-06-2002, 04:13 AM
do a full faid calc with knok. do a full factory reset before and after. basically this is just a faid problem.

Bhavin
14-06-2002, 06:55 PM
hey, its sort of fixed the problem, i've tried it on networks, and the following problems happens: it gets good signal for exactly 10seconds, and then it goes permanently until i restart the phone - then the same thing happens again.

Btw it still happens that i can get the network name if i reset factory settings via the phone settings menu with no signal bars shown.

Help...!

thanks

saib
19-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Hi guys,
the same happend to me, but it seems as hardware, i have tried a lot of methods for faid, but nothing help.:(

hwieen
20-06-2002, 03:12 PM
it happend to me too, after I flash mcu+ppm, it found no signal, only once in a while and after a minute it restart.

when I check using the Bphreak logger calc it said
FLS PPM doesnot match with flashed PPM

what's the error with the ppm? I've check the checksum it's OK

any body can help??????

sam22
20-06-2002, 07:12 PM
try eeprom tools 3.1 to calc faid.:)

hope this helps.!:)

User32
24-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Try this : Go to menu 6-2-4 (Settings-Phone settings-Network selection) and set it to manual. If it finds anything, select your network. If it works, set it back to automatic.