PDA

View Full Version : Cable killed a 8310!!??

slikmik
13-06-2002, 09:47 PM
i got this in an email from a friend could any of you here help please or have experienced a problem like this???

"I have a NOKIA 8310 and have just received a data cable for it. All I wanted to do is make a backup of my phonebook and upload some pics and ringtones.
My 8310 was working fine, I switched it off and connected the cable, then started phone up. But nothing happened, the phone wouldn't boot up. All I got was the screen lights coming on with nothing on the screen. After 5 seconds the lights would go off with no sign of life at all? ARRGGGHH!! So I took the cable off and put phone back to itself and tried to start it but the same thing happened, just lights and no life. I tried a different SIM and that didn't work so I tried the SIM's in my 3330 and they were fine so it's not the SIM"

Ok wierd huh!! Any ideas???
Please help...
Mike

DavieB
13-06-2002, 11:35 PM
I've never heard of this problems before!
Sounds like your friend may have physically damaged the phone or tried to use dct3 software or similar on it and screwed E3PROM (EmulatedEEPROM) data via mbus or triggered some form of Tamper Alert (most other models have some form of TA, I've been waiting for it to appear on nokia's :(..... )

green gerbil
14-06-2002, 04:21 AM
or he flashed it/changed the eeprom not knowing what he was doing, and is now bullshitting.

xeros
14-06-2002, 06:39 AM
Nokia 8310 is DCT-4 phone, so the DCT-3 software or cables will not work.

You have to find solution for it using DCT-4 software and flasher cables (very expensive).

DavieB
14-06-2002, 07:54 AM
LMAO!
xeros:
erm, I know this! LMAO!
Your post really made me laugh - of course they wont work! But, it is natural to assume they can have adverse effects - and that NMP may be smart enough to look for mbus unlocking attempts and activate some sort of Tamper Alert

@slikmik:
Might be a good idea to run it thru all the phoenix self tests - find someone with a PKD-1 who will do it for you

slikmik
14-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys

Firstly - ****** HE IS NOT BULLSHITTING!!!! ******

All he did was put his 8310 data cable adaptor into the fone - not even connected to pc.

So you recken this is a tamper alert problem?? (TA)

Wierd - they sell freely on net 8310 (DCT-4 i know) data cables for use with logo manager

So its TOTALLY impossible to READ from 8310??? and flash???
I dont mean unlocking it i mean replacing mcu+ppm+eep with another of a 8310 same version

Mike

Mulder3
14-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Nope, you can only flash/unlock with DCT4 boxes(very, very expensives)

About mbus, i think itīs not any Tamper Alert, because Nokia will never prejudicate comercial softwares like LogoManager, LM doesnīt unlock/service phones, it only puts some rintones/logs in the phone, so i think that legally nokia canīt stop LM.

xeros
16-06-2002, 10:17 AM
@DavieB

I didn't say it to You.
Here are people with less experience with phones.
So, don't give your opinion so drasticaly.
Keep it to yourself.

DavieB
16-06-2002, 11:12 AM
@xeros:
Hrm - ok.. - I missinterpreted, I assumed it was me cos I mentioned DCT3 software..
But we do got freedom of speech here (within obvious restrictions) - If I want to voice my opinion on ANY gsm matter, believe me I will.

wanarace
07-09-2002, 10:24 AM
8310's with version 4.04 or older had a habit of not tuning on, The only way to bring them back is via simple software upgrade. I am not saying this is the fault with your phone, why don't you just take it to a genuine service center, they can't charge you for it. If you don't have your POP tell them to check your warranty details via your IMIE on the Nokia Partner web site.