PDA

View Full Version : Relocking the phone by code



bobl
08-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Already been asked before and I said it's not possible:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=26229

But as Yotamz said in this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31758

does *pw+12345+1# have anything to do with Locking?

Makes sense, * for enabling and # for disabling?

I couldn't search for "*pw+" btw, to see if this had been asked before.

I'm vaguely interested, since I haven't seen much on relocking, NokTools does it but that requires a cable.

Oh well, any ideas?

Bob

Yotamz
08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
i said it's probably for locking the phone, bacuase it makes sense, if #pw unlocks, then *pw locks.

but i think it does something else, because there are 6 *pw codes, and only 4 possible locks.

anyway, when i enter this code i always get "Not Allowed".

Unique
08-07-2003, 09:26 PM
I think this is used in dct3 to show lock status. In dct4.... i do not know....

John

GeeZuZz
08-07-2003, 10:47 PM
I did also ask that question in THIS (http://nokiafree.org/forums/t27862/s.html) thread.

The *pw trick only says not allowed.
To check lock status on DCT-3, you can press #pw+1234567890+X#

But it must be possible to lock via keypad. Here is some lines in a DCT-3 text chunk:


18 COMM SIM was already restricted
19 COMM SIM not restricted
20 COMM SIM restriction on
21 COMM \x0ACode error
22 COMM Not\x0Aallowed
23 COMM SIM restriction off
24 COMM SIM restriction pending

Yotamz
09-07-2003, 01:08 PM
what is "Sim restriction pending?"

User32
10-07-2003, 11:00 PM
this message is shown every time you turn on the phone if you have set locks 2 and/or 3 to auto. i've tried it to both my 331x & 3410.

User32
10-07-2003, 11:03 PM
18 COMM SIM was already restricted
this is shown if at least lock 1 is closed and you press *pw+nnnnn+1#
where nnnnn are any 5 numbers.

even if lock 4 is closed and you press *pw+nnnnn+4#, it will show Not allowed