PDA

View Full Version : New to this whole thing

DSSMan
10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Hello! All

Im new to this whole cell phone phreaking suff and I was hoping that some of you would not mind to take the time to educate me.

Im not sure if this is too farfetched but I would like help with this:

1. Can I use a cell phone to make calls without charge to me?

2. Is there some type of equipment that I need to flash these phones so that i can get it to work in the manner listed in item 1?

3. What cell phone would be ideal?

Thanks in advance.

Yotamz
10-07-2003, 11:39 AM
free calls
the only way to get free calls is by using a ghost number.

ghost numbers are numbers that their owner details have been deleted from the service provider's database (for example - because their owners disabled their account), but the line is still working. if you find a working ghost line you can have free calls. at least, till the provider notice that and block the number.

it's very hard to get a working ghost line, but it's possible.

now the technical stuff.
this "ghost line" thing is much easier with TDMA phones, as you can program them yourself with the *3001#12345# although you might have to change the ESN which is not that simple.
if you want to program a GSM phone to use a ghost line, you'll have to program the sim using a simcard reader/writer device (called "SIM Master").

free sms
in order to have free sms you only have to find a working free SMSC number. smsc is a message server, that transfers sms. your provider has an smsc that you now send your sms's through. your provider owns that server, and it can see how many messages you've sent and to who - and charge you money for them. if you find another smsc number (that hasn't been blocked by your provider) you can make your phone send sms through that server - for free.

finally, if you are looking for free calls or free sms codes - you can stop looking, there are no such codes.