View Full Version : How does Nokia Warrenty Work?
ceanth
10-07-2003, 03:26 PM
subject.
I was under the impression that nokia give 1 year warrenty yet i have seen some phones with 2 years (according to warrenty check), how is this possible?
natnat
10-07-2003, 04:22 PM
it depends on where you bought the phone. ie the importers in particular. you can see a small sticker when you open your phone. this will tell you which company imported it in your country. in the philippines, this stickers are seldom VOID so no warranty is given but a good advantage is that they sell the phone on lower rates than those who gives warranty.
ceanth
10-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Im sure uk warrenty is one year, but i have seen many which are two years, can u specifiy this when you buy a phone ?
I believe the absolute standard on nearly all electrical goods is one year from the manufacturer <full stop>
However, the retail companies try to cash on this by offering extended warranty, which they may decided to throw in free (I.E, one extended year free so two years in total), or sell it to you.
But as I said, Nokia are (I believe) only offering one year on every phone they sell...at least in the UK.
Cheers
Bob
dluik
12-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Nokia give 15 monthes UK warranty from manufacturing date (found from imei). They allow for a possible 3 month shelf/transit period!
Thats a FACT!!!!
regards
ceanth
13-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Take a look at the picture, it shows two years warrenty, how can this be?
Alinus
13-07-2003, 12:49 PM
nokia offers 1 year.
the dealer 1 year.
1+1 = 2...
ceanth
13-07-2003, 01:00 PM
never heard of any dealer in the uk offering 1 year extra warrenty
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.