PDA

View Full Version : Flashing my phone

iver89
11-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Ive finally finished my flasher and M2BUS cables, and downloaded some .fls files for my phone from this forum. But when I looked in the newbie tutorial, there where used mcu and ppm files. Is the .fls file a mcu and a ppm file in one, or what is it?

So, I suggested that the .fls file was all I needed, and clicked at Flash->Write... in NokiaFlasherByRolis. Then this window came up:

http://home.online.no/~sisseeg/hex.GIF

Whats the values I should enter here? My phone is a 6150.

iver89
11-07-2003, 05:34 PM
I found a polish site on the net with some fls files and hex codes. I downloaded the .fls file, and entered 270000 in Rolis. Now, my phone doesnt show me anythikng on the display, and Rolis says wrong phone selection if i click the read flash button, but it reads the flash anyway.

nen77
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
for flashing use a full flash
you find gb on the net
software for flashing....i preffer nokia Dct3 ver.477.exe
press ok at adress when use a full flash
lpt cable

for updating faid sp unlock change imei nokia tool by rollis
mbus cable

for flash adress use this (a little bit old)

iver89
11-07-2003, 10:05 PM
YAHOOO!
Got it working now. The start adresse was wrong, on the sheet it stod 00270000, but the correct value was 00200000. Man, my room look messy after making this cables.

nen77
11-07-2003, 10:41 PM
:) :grin:
for me it was very hard to build a cable(mbus fbus) for my notebook becouse my serial it is difrend so i got working with other tensions (my notebook use 3v serial port)
this was a chalenge
for my pc i modified a cable (mbus) into a universal so i can use it
even for alcatel and all ather rx tx phones

chunkhead
12-07-2003, 04:03 PM
A full flash (MCU,PPM + EEPROM) is *.fls

The pic you attached above is the option for loading Eeprom only, which you do not need to do! If you have selected the correct phone type in the main screen it should be set correctly, just press OK! Please use the forum FAQ Tutorials as a guide, a link is below!;)