PDA

View Full Version : No doubt nokiafree is the best - But...

dr.bizar
12-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Hi all - just woke up this morning feeling pissed...
So you can write this off as just being a pissed off post
written by a pissed off idiot

....or you can read on and maybe help to keep nokiafree the best nokia forum ever.

This is not because i'm not willing to help others
Also i know theres alot of you sharing you knowledge,
but, when i take a look a the post 90% of them says:
Help me
give me
(I was to lazy to use the search funtion) so i'm gonna post any way.

Boiled down: Me first and then gimme gimme.

Also i'm seeing more and more post with the phrase:
[I got i't - what are you willing to give me ???]

WTF

Plz all, lets keep this forum clean, and usefull: How ?

1) Let's help eachother - not punk eachother for monny or appz in return.

2) If you found something intereesting - share it.

3) Use the search funtion.

Cheers all.

wwanthony
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
I'll second that notion Dr.Bizar

It seems most people dont know where the search button currently is. Actually it was a few months before I knew where it was when I first started reading this forum.

It may be a good idea to make the search button bigger and put it at the top of the page right in the middle, just so it is more easy to find.

bobl
12-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Nice words bizar, I'm gonna stick this in the FAQ :D

Well, at the top, maybe peeps should be more considerate. (I'd also like to thank you again for your donation of tuts)

Cheers

Bob

Shocker
12-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by wwanthony
I'll second that notion Dr.Bizar

It seems most people dont know where the search button currently is. Actually it was a few months before I knew where it was when I first started reading this forum.

It may be a good idea to make the search button bigger and put it at the top of the page right in the middle, just so it is more easy to find.

hie everbody,

just wanna say that i agree with wat posted by wwanthony, one thing that i dont wanna see often and everytime i logged in into nokiafree is the same question being asked another time, its a total time waster but the thing is not only that search button should be enlarged and placed somewhere on the page where u can see it easily, but the search function itself has to be enhanced with greater functionalities or better searching capabilities...

i often at certain times look/search for certain topic thru search topic but i end up with something that is totally irrelevant to my search, and this happens so often to me that i decided that the best way to look for an answer for a question is by posting that question in a new post....and i guess this happens to other people too.....no wonder they keep on asking the same question on some specific topic over and over....any way, this is just my opinion and the way i felt about searching thru nokia free...sorry if i said anything wrong here!!!

also, if any of the moderators are reading this, i wanted to suggest that more specific columns/sections be added since we have so many asking about ringtones, wallpapers, java games etc...special columns for these topics be created specially for them...not to forget, new phones being introduced from time 2 time, but it seems that columns heading (the titles like 35XX, 33XX) is not being updated with latest models like 6800, 6200 etc...maybe this columns heading be converted to something like series 30, series 40, series 60 or DCT3 phones and DCT4 phones (we have this column though) where its not nescessary to change the title headings even though new phones are being introduced by time 2 time...

also, suggesting that the moderators or who ever in charge of nokiafree be adding a new detail column which is (current phone being used by the member) underneath the nickname, member status (newbie,junior member, senior member etc), avatar, location and posts...this is just a suggestion only....if this is added, i'll be the most happiest person on nokiafree...

thats all folks, sorry for the long post!!:)

chunkhead
12-07-2003, 03:21 PM
What a post!!! I love it! I've been angry at this for a while now, but have never really given much thought to "Lashing out"! I am just as much a newbie as the next person, but I am willing to share my knowledge and experiences with anyone who is willing to ask! I do get very annoyed with people who want something in return though!!! If people are polite and patient, I will help them to the full extent of my knowledge!!!:D ;)

Shocker
13-07-2003, 08:52 AM
What a post!!! I love it! I've been angry at this for a while now, but have never really given much thought to "Lashing out"!

hie there chunky,

if u are saying that im angry, i guess u are wrong and right at the same time...to be honest, im just telling everybody about what i think is wrong on nokiafree....on top of that, im also giving my suggestion on how to improve certain things here so that browsing nokiafree will be a much improved situation!!!

I am just as much a newbie as the next person, but I am willing to share my knowledge and experiences with anyone who is willing to ask! I do get very annoyed with people who want something in return though!!! If people are polite and patient, I will help them to the full extent of my knowledge!!!:D ;)

on this quote, i agree with u 100% as i feel the same way like u do, just wanna say that information and knowledge is to be shared with everybody, dont just keep it to your self!!

bye!

GeeZuZz
13-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Nokiafree was better back in the days when DCT-3 flashing/modding was new. Back then people figured out new ideas, and possibilities regarding modding the flash, and it was exciting to browse the forum.

Now, theres nothing new happening (except NokDoc's 7bar project :) ), and many people asking for unlock codes, how to change IMEI on DCT-4's, and crack for software. :rolleyes:

Vyrus Débar
13-07-2003, 04:21 PM
@GeeZuZz...

u forgot one thing...

JAVA GAMES... GIMMI! GIMMI! GIMMI!

:eek: morrons...

sergo_zmeia
14-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Greate post dr.bizar....
Just want to share something that Im very upset with..
Many people comes here and ask for help and when they have it no one post the solution....it is shearing know how put?!...
/sorry for my english/
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

GeeZuZz
14-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by sergo_zmeia
Greate post dr.bizar....
Just want to share something that Im very upset with..
Many people comes here and ask for help and when they have it no one post the solution....it is shearing know how put?!...
/sorry for my english/
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

I know!

I hate when people just don't care about their own threads, and don't say if it worked or not, or eventually what the did to make it work.

natnat
14-07-2003, 04:04 PM
@geezuzz

youre right man people are less asking about dct-3 phones. it seems that they are having newer phone right now -dct-4. but im ok with my 3210 and i have to learn more....

one thing about searching... SOMETIMES it gives you unuseable results.

wwanthony
14-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Yes I agree that when people ask for a solution to their problem, it would be good of them to post results so when others get the same problem, they can search the forum and find out how it has been solved before.

What I think a lot of people do is request a solution but when they try it and it doesnt work for them, they just throw away their phone and get a new one, without faith that any other solutions given will be successful.

This is a shame because most faults with phones can be repaired with a trial and error procedure. So if 1 given solution doesnt work, then results should be posted and it would allow the experts here to narrow down the problem some more and give solutions which would have a higher percentage rate of success.

Just a thorn in my eye ;)
hey Natnat, you have mispelt "evrybody" it should be 'everybody'.
I would normally overlook it but as its your signature...

GeeZuZz
15-07-2003, 01:59 AM
If someone figured out how to decrypt the DCT-4 flash, so it would be possible to modify them, i guess the forum would start getting really exciting again!

Nanda
15-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Yep, I agree.

Thing is, most of us have helped each other back in the 33XX (DCT-3) days when basically anyone with a cable and some time could mess about with their Nokias.

The newer phones have yet to be fully explored... :(

But let's not forget that we were all newbies once, and that our first posts were probably 'Please help me unlock my 5110' or something! ;)

Shocker
15-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by natnat
@geezuzz

one thing about searching... SOMETIMES it gives you unuseable results.

u are so right about this search thing...no doubt about it that sometimes posting a same question that has been answered before this on a new post is better than doing any search at all!!!

jeep
15-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Another problem with the search is that it only indexes words of 4 letters or more. This wouldn't be a problem, but it means you cannot search for SMS, SIM, MCU, PPM, etc. etc....

George

Shocker
15-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by jeep
Another problem with the search is that it only indexes words of 4 letters or more. This wouldn't be a problem, but it means you cannot search for SMS, SIM, MCU, PPM, etc. etc....

George

yes, thats so right...thats another one of the problems that the moderators should look into...

dr.bizar
15-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Nanda
But let's not forget that we were all newbies once, and that our first posts were probably 'Please help me unlock my 5110' or something! ;) [/B]

Shure i agree - but I think the problem is:
- at least when I startet messing with phones - you had to figure half of it out for your self.
Now it sems it has become much easier to post, then to try for your self.
Half of the times you try for your self, you stumble upon some knowlegde you didn't even look for

I don't want to dissencurage newbies from posting - cause if no one answered my "dumb" question back on the days - I wouldn't be where i am now.

The only thing i'm saying is:
1) Don't give up because 10 minutes has passed
2) Postyour findings
3) Dont ask for SW or money in return

Cheers

GeeZuZz
16-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by jeep

Exactly. On a forum like this, searching abbreviations is a must. I have many times found the search function unusable because my search words were less than 4 letters.

The administrators should fix that.

Kontact
16-07-2003, 02:46 AM
hmmm.. i am no admin. but i don't think admin could fix it either.

i think the creator of VBulletin forum sw did it that way so that it will not Hog forum resources. i m not sure thou if there is an option to fixed the 3 char limit.

that thing i also noticed on forum who uses vbulletin forum sw.

regards,

GeeZuZz
17-07-2003, 02:16 AM
That might be true...
In Invision Power Board you can chosse between two search methods, and one of them have a limit on 4 characters. The other method has no limits, but the admin can set one if he wants.