PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Text Messages



Rush
13-07-2003, 09:06 PM
I have just switched from Orange to O2 with a new 6100 handset

Had the Orange sim card in until it was deactivated.
Now the O2 one is activated and all is good. Except for one thing.

I am no longer getting delivery reports from text messages.
They send and are received but my reports just state 'pending'

Wtf is going on here?

Rush
13-07-2003, 09:30 PM
OK so I found that o2 do not support message reports.

Well done retards :E

Think i'm too late to go back to Orange now also. SHIT.

Keying in *0# is a complete pain in the arse.

I've set it up as a template so I don't have to do this however I'd rather get an actual report rather than an annoying text message that I'll think is a reponse from the person I just messaged. How bloody annoying.

bobl
13-07-2003, 09:51 PM
That really sucks :(

I hate it when networks randomly don't support something as important as that...

But that's life.

So why was the Orange SIM deactivated?

Cheers

Bob

Rush
13-07-2003, 09:54 PM
I cancelled the Orange SIM

I was on Everyday50 (50 free mins off-peak to Orange numbers and land lines) however didn't use it anymore
Texting was costing me a fortune.

I also wanted to upgrade my handset. Orange wanted £120 for the phone so I cancelled the contract and took my number to O2, got a better tariff and the phone for £50.

Now I wish I hadn't and bartered with Orange more for a cheaper upgrade >:E

Yotamz
13-07-2003, 10:56 PM
why are delivery reports so important to you? it's the same as getting the message when you type *0#. (at least in my 3330, it sounds like a message, and i have to open the inbox to see it, so what's the difference?). i used delivery reports for some time, but i found it very annoying.