PDA

View Full Version : Nokia IRC channel?

Kong Zi
19-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Is there a Nokia and/or other mobile phone IRC channel some where?

Would be a great place to share files and information, plus offer live chat! :D

Just a thought, I'll start one if people think its a good idea :D

Kong Zi
20-07-2003, 01:04 AM
i'll take that as a no then? :D

bobl
20-07-2003, 07:13 AM
There have been some attempts to, search for the listings on channels and servers.

However, Nfree is a fairly active community of forum members, not irc chatters. It seems difficult to coordinate and get members turning up at the same time.

Maybe in the future, we will dedicate certain times or days to irc, but not at this point.

Cheers

Bob

Thanh
21-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Hello :)
There is already such a channel.........
Connect to the server irc.zirc.org and join #NokiaFREE :)
Regards....
Thanh

Kong Zi
21-07-2003, 05:56 PM
So there is :)

there nobody there, no admins, and no servers! :D but hey, guess its a start :D

Thanh
22-07-2003, 07:07 AM
Hello again :)
I also wonder why never anyone comes to that channel. I have a lot of IRC experience, and normally a new channel needs a while before it gets known and people come and STAY there. I am in that channel usually mon-fri from about 1.30-9 pm BANGKOK time, that is errrm 7.30 am to 3 pm UK?? not sure about the difference. However, in that time i am also working, therefor can not immediately respond to people joining the channel, and many join only to find an almost empty channel and quit a second later. Well, that doesn't help too much.
About admins, the channel creator himself is in there in evenings (UK time i guess) and he's admin. If you join and find someone with nick "Thanh", that is me, but the "@" in front of my name does not mean i am admin, only that i did join the channel while nobody else was there. I already posted a thread regarding that channel, hoping that a moderator maybe puts a button to this channel somewhere on the forum, so that people become aware of it's existence.
Till then.... join the channel and stay in there as long you're online anyway, it doesn't use bandwidth, but can help...... thanks a lot!
Kind regards....
Thanh

Kong Zi
26-07-2003, 05:36 PM
In an attempt to create my own room, there is now a channel called

#gsm

on

irc.overdriveirc.net

I will over the next few weeks, bring online XDCC bots with, first, as many Nokia MCU's, PPM's,service manuals and programs.

making this a one stop shop for all your software needs and a great place to send people for files!

Hopefully, after a week or two, i can branch out and serve all brands of GSM hand set applications and firmwares.

if any one would like to assit then please come on by.

Overdrive also has many other GOOD channel serving very good and new films/mp3's/warez.

:-D