PDA

View Full Version : been ripped off by old works...

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 11:17 AM
hiya folks.
i wonder if you can help me? i broke my personal phone whilst at work and my then boss gave me a phone from the company so that i didnt claim for one through the company.
trouble is the company i used to work for went bust and the phone they gave me to replace my personal one has been blocked by a certain provider,i know that i can unlock it to other networks but i dont want to change providers if i can help it.
is there any way of unblocking the phone from this operator?

your help would be appreciated

cheers

bluemooner

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 11:42 AM
p.s.
i have done searches for my question first but cant find a solution for my problem.....i only ask questions as a last resort :)

cheers

bluemooner

bobl
20-07-2003, 12:16 PM
If you REALLY want to stay with your current operator, phone them up and ask, explain the situation to them and they will unblock it with a charge. (Warning this will probably be expensive.)

Unblocking can only be done by them. You can't do it :)

Unlocking on the other hand is easier and probably cheaper.

Your choice, you may be lucky and they won't charge you much when you explain how much you want to stay with their service and be sympathetic to yoru situation.

Gluck

Bob

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 12:32 PM
i already done that and they will only do it if i go back onto contract with them and then they want a set up fee and connection charge.

cheers

bluemooner

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by bobl
If you REALLY want to stay with your current operator, phone them up and ask, explain the situation to them and they will unblock it with a charge. (Warning this will probably be expensive.)

Unblocking can only be done by them. You can't do it :)

Unlocking on the other hand is easier and probably cheaper.

Your choice, you may be lucky and they won't charge you much when you explain how much you want to stay with their service and be sympathetic to yoru situation.

Gluck

Bob

ive just tried yet again to get it sorted with orange and they now say .....they want the phone back,they also say ...i cannot buy the phone of them and if i dont send it back i will be charged for it.
so i need help now guys coz they aint having the phone back now,im not bothered if they charge me i just want it back on orange.

thanks again guys for any help.

cheers bluemooner

bobl
20-07-2003, 05:19 PM
so i need help now guys coz they aint having the phone back now,im not bothered if they charge me i just want it back on orange.

Ehrm...What help do you want?

My advice:

Give them the phone back.
Then go buy the same phone on Orange?

Or pay their fees.

Either way...

WHY?

If they are treating you this bad, why Orange?

:)

Gluck

Bob

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 05:40 PM
mainly because i dont want to change my mobile number,ive had it years.
but the more i read on this site the more i want to learn ....i think am going to stick around and try and learn from you masters.

great site guys

bluemooner

lonegunman
20-07-2003, 05:45 PM
What phone is it?

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 06:05 PM
nokia 6310i on orange.
i just dont have the know how yet to do it but i would love to learn. are there any good/easy tutorials anywhere?

cheers

bluemooner

lonegunman
20-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Not a lot you can do with that phone, if it had been a diffrent one you could have IMEI changed and then used the phone, but due to the fact that Orange know you have the phone you best bet is to just give up the phone, now you that they with unblock the phone if you start a new contract, well what you can do is start a new contract on the cheapest tariff that they do and then pay the whole 12 months up front and ditch the sim card, that way you keep the phone and you old number.

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 06:35 PM
but.....they think ive got a nokia 6210e but i swapped it before we all got made redundant so if i did manage to sort my problem it would be cool,i also have a nokia 8310 which is my back up phone which i used to have on contract with nothing up with it,but i dont like it i prefer my 6310i because i have a hands free kit in my car,so is there anyway i could replace the imei number from that and put it on my 6310i ?.
the reason all the phones got barred from where i used to work is because the company went into liquidation and to try and recoup some money back orange barred the phones but they aint got a clue who has what phones.

cheers

bluemooner

lonegunman
20-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Not as easy to change the IMEI on the 6310i as it is on the 6210, the only thing I can say is see if you can swap all the phones you have for a working 6310i or buy one from e-bay.

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 10:32 PM
would one of them flash kits be the answer to my problems for changing the imei number on a 6210/6310???
and if so do you know a good supplier?

any help would be great

cheers

bluemooner

lonegunman
20-07-2003, 10:40 PM
No as the phones are driffrent that way, if you do a seach and have a good read around you will see that the 6210 is a DCT-3 phone and the 6310i is a DCT-4 phone (as well as the 8310), in short DCT-3 phones you can change the IMEI with cable and software, but on DCT-4 phones you need to change a chip (£5-10 for the chip) and pay around £600 for the software to write a new IMEI number to the phone.

In time IMEI changing on the DCT-4 phone will be just a matter of cable and software but that is a few years to come.

bluemooner
20-07-2003, 11:19 PM
so if i wanted to change the imei number on a 6210 what would i need? i got a data cable its a mbus/fbus cable will that be ok if not what would you say will work? and what software will sort this problem out?.

also thanks very much for your advice believe it or not its been a help to try and understand things better.
once i sort my problem out im going to get some tutorials and try and understand the nuts and bolts of things.

once again thanks

bluemooner

lonegunman
20-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Look on here for

Epprom tools V3 (not 4)
Roils 1.8/1.9
Jordik

Cable you have is fine, better still seach for IMEI change on dct-3 phones.

bluemooner
21-07-2003, 12:09 PM
oh dear.
ive tried doing it with eeprom tools v3 but no matter what port i use it still says phone not connected.
do you think its because im running winxp?

cheers

bluemooner

lonegunman
21-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Could be, I don't use XP so would not know, most of the DCT-3 stuff runs better on 98/se.

bluemooner
21-07-2003, 12:18 PM
wow..im very impressed on how quick you reply.
ive just tried version 4 and the same its just keps saying phone not connected,i know the ports are ok and the data cable is ok coz ive tried them with logomanager and they work fine.

problems problems problems eh...lol

cheers

bluemooner