PDA

View Full Version : 8210 only charging bars

arikfunke
21-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Hello together,

a friend of mine's nokia 8210 does not seem to power up. However, when plugged into the charger, the charging bars light up.

When pressing the power up button, the display flickers once for less than a second but does not show anything.

Does anybody know this symptom and how it can be solved?

Cheers

Arik

chunkhead
21-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Sounds like waterdamage...!!! Try this:
Take out the board,
Submerge the board in the meths with the RF shields taken off, for 20 mins! After that take it out and run under a cold tap, then using a bowl full of water with washing up liquid scrub the board firmly but carefully with a tooth brush! Go in all directions! You should scrub on both sides for a total of about 10 mins! Run under tap again thoroughly, and using a hair dryer, set it to the lowest blow mode, but highest heat! Slowly run the air over the board twice each side! when thats done, lie the hardryer down and lie the board down flat with the RF shield side up! Allow the hot air to blow OVER the board not directly at it for a further 7-8mins! Allow to cool for 15mins and try it in the phone! Don't forget to replace the RF Shields if it works!!!

;)

arikfunke
22-07-2003, 09:47 AM
chunkhead,

thanks for the help, - but I had no luck. I washed and dried it a you said, but the result is the same as before... (By the way, there were no traces of water damage at all)

Do you have any more ideas, what it could be. Failed flash effort? Defect board? btw. The display has a small dead spot on the right, but it does not affect the charging bars - would it affect anything on the left of it? Do I maybe only need a new dispay?

Cheers

Arik

chunkhead
22-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Ok, do the leds come on? Try a new flash! Build a new one or get a backup from a working phone and see if it'll make a difference! If you don't know how to build a flash, the tutorial is in the Forum FAQ!;)

Get your files here

http://www.freegsm.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&sd=429

arikfunke
22-07-2003, 11:22 AM
No, the leds do not come on. Does it still make sense, to flash? If yes, I will build Dr.Bizar's combi flasher.

Regards

Arik

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Yeah, It's probably corrupt software! Get hold of some cables! Your better off to buy them though! You need an M\Fbus cable (COM) and a Flasher cable (LPT)! I bought mine in England but can't remember where! What your looking for is one with interchangable heads! Then you can flash and unlock etc. with just 2 cables rather then 7-8!;)

U-Cables (Above) have them but they are quite expensive! So look around!:D

Thanh
23-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Hello :)
As the LED's don't come on, i suspect a hardware problem, here, battery. Normally a phone with software trouble lights up when it is powered on, at least!
Try a different battery (possibly one that is already fully charged, from a friends phone, can be 8210/8250/8310/6510/8810/8850 all same battery) and see if it works with that. If yes, voila...... if not, still can suspect software issue :)
Regards...
Thanh

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 02:25 PM
@Thanh
Not necessarily! I have been messing with the security code patcher by eleoson, and with the 3210 I can not get it to run! It powers up, with no lights and just stays at the black screen! Yet it's fine if I flash the clean file! So software CAN cause it to have no lights!;) :(

arikfunke
26-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Thank you everybody for your help! I have ordered a flasher and will report whether I will have been successful.

Cheers

Arik