PDA

View Full Version : 5110 trouble using Nokia Tool by Rolis Ver 1.8

bimasakit
26-06-2002, 01:45 AM
I have made a backup MCU file using this program (Nokia Tool by Rolis Ver 1.8), but when I tried to write it to same phone kept getting write errors, and now my phone is showing "contact service". I have tried to connect to other flash programs without any luck. The only program I can hook up to is Rolis and that is with great difficulty ( by unhooking battery and switching on repeatedly) and Wintesla. Each time I try to write, it stops writing due to errors. A couple of times it's made it 75% of the way, but most times aborts very early on. What other program will do the job?

Adven
30-06-2002, 09:45 PM
I don't think it's a software problem......Well not flashing software!

What OS are you using? that could be the problem, Noktool works fine in Win98 & ME.

It could also be a cable/connector problem, or if you pc is sharing com ports.....are there any other programs running in the background taking up processor resorces or trying to access the com ports???????

The erratic nature would indicate a loose wire or bad connection to the phone, or damage to the phone itself....

Hope some of this helps.

bimasakit
30-06-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm running XP prof. I have Userport which usually allows any programme that won't run on XP to run. I've tried it with and without running Userport, and it's the same. It seems to cut out at the same places, so it's probably not so erratic. Often it shuts the phone off at these places, though not always. I've had more luck by holding the power off button down, but am still unable to get it past about 75% of the way. I think I'll try it on a Win 98 OS and see if there is any difference.

glenborj
18-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by bimasakit
I have made a backup MCU file using this program (Nokia Tool by Rolis Ver 1.8), but when I tried to write it to same phone kept getting write errors, and now my phone is showing "contact service". I have tried to connect to other flash programs without any luck. The only program I can hook up to is Rolis and that is with great difficulty ( by unhooking battery and switching on repeatedly) and Wintesla. Each time I try to write, it stops writing due to errors. A couple of times it's made it 75% of the way, but most times aborts very early on. What other program will do the job?

Try connecting the charger to the phone when flasher ask you to power on.... in this manner it is safer to flash. maybe you are experiencing low batt. on the process.... Good luck

virus2
10-08-2002, 11:03 AM
With battry full cherget flash a full flash. If you are using XP flash with Knok Xp mobile.