PDA

View Full Version : Mobile features wish list

bobl
22-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Well, phones are getting more and more advanced. However, anyone feel there is anything more that they want out of their mobile? Or is there a mobile that's perfect for you already? :D

Or is it simply just silly how many features there are? Ability to play Mp3s useless?

Have your say ;)

Cheers

Bob

liteFun
23-07-2003, 10:58 AM
well, a shaver would be nice sometimes.

just like on one commercial (not sure if it's played in other countries):
a man is sitting on some australian pub, people are watching football, somebody calls to this man and ask if can send fax. then he starts shaving. and the phone is a communicator.

Thanh
23-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Hello :)
I want a phone, just little smaller as my 6610 (so 8250-size) with a nice colour screen...... 4096 colours are ok, but i want a much higher resolution, say 480x480 pixels, and SMALLER pixels.... (my digital camera has a display smaller than my 6610 but SOOOOO sharp picture!) to display those lovely wallpapers......
The batery is a crucial thing, it's got to be a standby time of four weeks ar talktime of a day non-stop...... is a fuel cell here an option?
I also want "native" support for two SIM cards, that i can use another network in areas where mine has no coverage, and no need for those flimsy dual-sim-kits.....
It should have a slot for a memory chip, such as MMC or whatever, the size of a SIM, that can be "hot swapped" from outside, w/o need to remove battery.... so 256 MB would be nice.
Camera? Can, yes, but not a must for me...... a nice small clip-on camera WITH FLASH (hello Nokia... listening? Camera Headset WITH FLASH, pleeeeease!) is ok.....
Oh, of course, Pop-Port..... able to connect to a computer's USB with NO NEED FOR A DRIVER OR SPECIAL SOFTWARE just like my digital cam... just plug in and XP threads it like a external drive, SO do i want that with a phone, too, just drag'n'drop those mid's and jar's and jpg's........
NETMONITOR on a colour screen phone, or at least a part of it, namely, the battery monitoring functions.........
Keypad... must be the quality of that in mine 6610, no bull, i never had a phone with a better keypad......
HTML browser, yessir, that www thing..... WAP is nice, WWW is nicer :) Some phones "can" already do that with separate applications (WebViewer). I don't mind scrolling thru a site bigger than my display, oh, of course, zoom-in and zoom-out should be there, too.
Radio... FM stereo, good, but can include AM, too? Heck i had a wristwatch with a AM radio built-in, with the headphone being antenna just as Nokia does with it's radio.... so it should be possible?? I love the sound of AM, call me an idiot, but even CB i prefer in AM.
And screensaver, give me a break, make it a simple b/w thing which i can MYSELF select which graphic i want to see there, or alternatively a digital or analog clock....... with day/date, please, and a "Rolex Oyster Perpetual" sign :) But instead of that, "Nokia Connecting People" will be nice, too, and if i could customize it it would be THE hit!
And...
it's GOT TO BE a Nokia!
I keep dreaming..............
your Thanh

Shocker
24-07-2003, 09:28 AM
hello everybody,

while i agree with almost everything that thanh had said, i would wish for cellphones to be able store files i.e. mp3, wav, doc, xls, pps, ppt, exe.....this includes those files which is related and both not related to mobilephones like those of windows....so storing this files is where the usability of external storage media (mmc, xd, sd cards) comes to use...so i hope whatever is posted here by the users of nokiaFREE is being watched and read by those people at nokia R&D...otherwise, this is thread is just another matter of waste of time!!!

thank u!!