PDA

View Full Version : having problems using my flasher cable

meduk1
22-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Hey, ive just got my flasher cable and so far i've not been able to use it. THe 2 phones im trying to flash are a 5110 and a 3310 but as yet im unable to do anything with my cable - been trying to backup my phones.

I have read several tutorials and one mentioned that XP has security settings and isnt very good for flashing so i first tried it on a win98 machine.

I am using ROLIS 5.14 software

When i try to backup the phones it immidiatly says done - however nothing happens. It should ask me to power them up but it doesnt. I also cant use any other furntions, such as flash the phones. One thing i have noticed is that with the 3310 i can hear a click noise come from either the phone or the donge when i press the read button. I turning the power on on the phone before pressing read and then pressed read and it asked me to try again with the power off - so this shows that my PC is reading the phones presence.

I then tried to do the same read on my winXP machine. I have read that i need to enable my port so my cable can use it so i am using userport - for this i just added the IO range of my LPT port that i got from the resources tab of device manager - is that what i should be doing.

When i run the software in XP and press read it now does say waiting for phone to be powered on, but when i power on either of the phones it doesnt do anything. I then tried the same idea of having the power on to start with and this time it simply hangs on waiting for power on message still - so prehaps my XP machine isnt seeing the phone.

Appreciate any help - and ask any questions.

cheers

BOEBOE
22-07-2003, 10:43 PM
What error msg does the program gives you?
Use Rolis 4.78b6!
That click on your 3310 is 100% OK.
Abt. Userport... Don't look at device man. just click on Start and update...

Install userport and RESTART your computer...

PS. If you're using XP, set Rolis to win98 compatible mode.

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 02:08 AM
If you can use 98SE, do that, it's much more stable with all the phone software! Use my guides in the Forum FAQ to show you how to setup the software properly and how to flash and update step by step! Also Rolis v5.14 is older the v4.79! Don't ask...;) :p

sergo_zmeia
23-07-2003, 12:07 PM
What kind of cable do you use?....Full Dejan flasher/dongle 1.04/
Or light flashe...cause if You use the first one You need WinDls software and You cant be able to run rolis flasher or Knok..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia