PDA

View Full Version : no id for text msgs

exuptoy
23-07-2003, 02:20 AM
I have a 6100 and everytime i receive a text there is no id because the number has the +44 instead of 0 how do i cure this prob? I have id on my voice calls!!!

jeep
23-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Try reprogramming the phonebook numbers in the international form.... ie +447xxx instead of 07xxx. This should cure your problem and will make things a lot easier for you if/when you go roaming abroad :)

George

Mehrius
23-07-2003, 11:37 AM
What do u mean +44 numbers???

I get the same type of sender number in my messages but it still displays the name right ( I don't have international numbers in the phonebook)

jeep
23-07-2003, 11:52 AM
What do u mean +44 numbers???It's just the international dialing code...
+44 = UK
+40 = Romania
etc...

Usually a phone is happy with either the "local" number or the full international one - but as exuptoy is having the international number displayed (if I understood correctly...) his phone is playing silly buggers! :)

George

Shocker
24-07-2003, 09:40 AM
hie there...

as far as i know, u only have this sort of numbering problem appearing instead of caller names becoz the senders number and name is not listed in the phone/address book of the cellphone...and i meant not listed in either sim card memory or phone memory....thats how i used to have this problem on my 3510i....so the way, to get rid this problem (according to my theory), store the caller's name and phone number...this way, the next time that same particular caller sends sms or calls u...the callers respective name will be shown...hope this helps u people !!!

exuptoy
24-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Numbers r saved in my fonebook but some poeple names do appear. Strange!
Thanks anyway.

Yotamz
24-07-2003, 01:30 PM
if you can see some names (when you have the local number in the phone book) and can't see some others, make sure that you don't have the same number twice in the phone book, this may cause the problem.

exuptoy
27-07-2003, 11:21 PM
BINGO!!!!
Top man hadnt thought of that. Spot on.