PDA

View Full Version : Are Flash\Unlock cables too expensive?

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 04:26 AM
In this day and age, are our cables too expensive? I bought mine in England about a year and a half ago and I paid 54 Euro for a Dual M\Fbus cable, Flash cable, 4 interchangable heads and a free Torx 6 screwdriver! I have yet to encounter problems with mine! I have been looking around the net and most sites do not even have the interchangable heads let alone a package! U-Cables (Above) want a staggering 120 Euros for the same kit, with no screwdriver! If you have an opinion on this matter, I would like to hear it!;)

bobl
23-07-2003, 07:06 AM
I hate you chunkhead mate :(

The increase in demand has caused a rocket in prices, and with people like me not good enough to build them myself...you quickly see the problem :(.

If anyone likes me, can you please send me a flash cable for a 3310/3410 if you've got one spare ;)

Cheers

Bob

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 01:16 PM
This idea was actually sparked by you bobl! In one of the other posts you said you couldn't afford one! I was quite shocked, but not as much as when I went and priced them!:mad:

wwanthony
23-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi,
Cables arent expensive at all to my knowledge.

Heres a site for example:
http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

For the interchangable heads your looking to spend around £20 for COM and LPT port cables. (no screwdriver though) but screwdrivers will cost you a pound from any DIY store.

Even the latest DCT4 Super Clip is less then £80.
I dont see why anyone has a problem with the prices of mobile phone tinkering equipment.

Even on ebay your looking at around a fiver for a good cable.

no advertising here/

Not allowed to put direct links here so here is the link to the links (in the links section) where you can get the equipment.
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t35354/s.html

wwanthony
23-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Heres another site for your reference.

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.html

no advertise here.

chunkhead
23-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Crisis over! The M-99 one is identical to my kit! And they're only charging 18.75 Pound!:D :p :D

I had forgotton about M-99 since returning to Oz! Good site!
So where do U-Cables get off on charging 120 Euros for the same kit? Probably relying on suckers I suppose!?

sergo_zmeia
23-07-2003, 02:40 PM
For me the cables are expencive..cause I llive in Bulgaria../low standart here/...thats why a bild some by my self...without dct4 cheep flasher /Im not good with programing microprocessors/..
bough it for 140USD...thamn I hate the people that selling this things here...
Mr. bobl mate build a cable it is not hard...Ill help You as much as I can...cause of distance....
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia
/sorry for my english/

Nanda
23-07-2003, 04:33 PM
I bought my flasher cable set from eBay (in Britain) last year for £24 + airmail (£2.50). I though that was good value.

DCT4 equipment is just too expensive for me though (around £100/Euro 150). Not worth it unless you're using it commecially.

bobl
23-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Ty, I just found em for £20, but this is slightly cheaper :P

I will buy the one from M-99 if its the same as Chunky's :)

I don't have a soldering iron, and my electronics is crap :(

It's easier for me to go out and earn the money :)

Cheers

Bob

bobl
23-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Okay, order sent...at 1st class delivery, I gotta leave 7 days *Rolls eyes*

Now I just have to wait patiently...

Cheers

Bob

pico
23-07-2003, 07:18 PM
In this day and age, are our cables too expensive?

maybe you should know for "dejan 1,0b" 3/4 years ago.. $xx,xxx (yes correct!). and in those days, no faid calcs, just used for partial unlock (dejan blue screen soft)..

these days too many sites will do "trade price" cables, put people out of business.. :(
if you cant find your data cable for +/- £5 you should ban yourself from the net for not using it properly! :D

dct4 flasher, get from china direct- usd $15 approx (probably less already...)
use SEARCH to good effect; google.com
br :)

Nanda
23-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Yes, but google can be overwhelming at times... And you don`t really know what companies to trust.

Have you got any recommendations for a website/eBay ad for a DCT4 flasher in that price range?

bobl
23-07-2003, 08:14 PM
I gotta agree with Nanda,

When buying stuff, google can be seriously overblown, too many dodgy sites that you don't know off?

I settled on the one recommended in this thread, the only thing I tend to go on is recommendations :)

Cheers

Bob

chunkhead
24-07-2003, 04:38 AM
I agree! I remember when I started flashing! I was terrified to flash in case I wreck a top of the range phone (3330, 6210 etc.)! I nearly bought a DCT-4 flasher kit from Ebay a couple of weeks ago for AU$40 but I was terrified again because if they are dodgy, I have dead phones!?:(

wwanthony
25-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Hey Nanda,
You can get DCT4 flasher cables from here:
removed

The link above it to an auction that ends in 9 days, I think they are doing another auction of the same thing that ends in 3 days.
I've never bought from them so I dont know if they are trustworthy!

I'm pretty sure a fellow on ebay.co.uk with username diamondchoice will do you a good deal, search for him on ebay and drop him an email to help about any mobile stuff.

I got mine from here:

removed.

There not currently listing any but if you email them they would probably give you a price.

They work great.
Use WinDCT4 which comes supplied on the disk and keep your charger pluged in during the whole operation (apart from when your asked to turn off the phone).

Oh yes, make sure they include the item I have circled in the attached picture. I've just contacted them about that as they left it out of my kit, it works without it but I think I better get it anyway, I think it stabalises the voltage or something?

Sorry the links have been removed. Just search ebay.co.uk for "DCT4"

Alinus
25-07-2003, 11:25 AM
sorry boys.
no advertising outside sales area

soundoff
25-07-2003, 11:28 AM
deleted

bobl
25-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Yay! I got my cables from m99, I can't get em to work...but they are here :D

(Problems flashing with XP, userport and cannot prepare phone...I'll get it done eventually)

Cheers

Bob

Alinus
25-07-2003, 04:38 PM
mR. soundoff have u read what i had written one post ahead you ???????????????????

soundoff
25-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Alinus: Sorry about that .. i was just trying to point out a good place to get cables to anyone in australia. Didnt realise it was against the forum rules.

my apologies. I will repost in the sales section.

Alinus
25-07-2003, 06:29 PM
ok. no problem.

chunkhead
26-07-2003, 09:19 AM
@Alinus

Is soundoff's post not the same as wwanthony's at the top? Just a question!!!???:(

soundoff
26-07-2003, 11:45 AM
Thats exactly what i was wondering, didnt think it was worth arguing about tho.. but now you mention it chunkhead ;)

NokDoc
26-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Maybe U guys might be right.

U can use links for either commercial of informational purposes.

It is hard to see the difference.

Therefore Mr. Alinus decided to stop accepting any links inside this thread, I think.

To avoid that this thread possibly might be used by guys with commercial intentions.

I hope that was at least some sort of excuse to U guys.

NokDoc

Alinus
26-07-2003, 01:02 PM
u are right.
i had just missed his posts...

10x for pointing this to me.

bobl
26-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Okay, well I guess that's fair to stop this thread being abused. However, I think it's fairly clear that wwanthony's thread were for information.

I didn't realise that flash cables were available for that price, it was good that it was pointed out to me. I did actually buy them in the end and am the proud owner of a set :)

However, I guess I have to respect your moderator descion :)

Cheers

Bob

wwanthony
26-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi,
Yes I think it should be alright to post links with informational intent. It would make no sense to post a link in the links section, then post a link in this thread to the link in the links section; that would be a waste of time and space in my opinion.

Hey Bob,
I bought my flasher set from m-99 also but, the 3210 connector has only 4 pins, I couldnt get this to connect to my 3210 so I used the 6 pin connector I already had from my datacable set.

Have you had any luck with the 4 pin 3210 connector or am I alone on this? anybody else have any info?

Nanda
27-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Maybe if people did not post actual URLs but just mentioned the names of the companies **they have bought stuff from** and are therefore verifiably trustworthy it'd be better.

Anyways here's a suggestion to the forum reorganization: a "recommended vendors" or "vendors section" where people would post about their experiences with companies selling on the net!

Of course that could be used in the wrong way but hey, let's be honest, if you've accessed this forum a few times you KNOW who can be trusted in their recomendations. I mean there are people here who even know each other personally or have personal and professional relationships, plus many others who have earned trust throughout time.

Cheers,