PDA

View Full Version : Software To Calculate Checksum

Mrhazeem
27-06-2002, 08:10 PM
Hello Everybody ...

a'm looking for a software to calculate checksum for NOKIA TDMA phones...

if someone can help me i'll be thankfull...

Abed

funshopper_de
15-07-2002, 07:33 AM
....nfree or Rolis Flasher to correct Checksum.

You must make a fullbackup before can correctly Checksums.

phonedudes
15-07-2002, 07:55 AM
@funshopper_de - Mrhazeem said for TDMA phones..

Unless you have a special version neither of those soft will calculate the checksums for TDMA phones unfortunately...

Phonedudes
:D

funshopper_de
15-07-2002, 07:58 AM
....with TDMA Phones and regular Phones??

phonedudes
15-07-2002, 08:03 AM
Thats a very involved question.. Actually... Other than you GSM users are VERY lucky at the wealth of information and software available as us TDMAers have to modify stuff to work.

TDMA and CDMA use ESN #'s instead of IMEI.. They both serve a similar purpose but they are NOT the same. So checksums appear calculated differently as well as the flash files being a little different. Again similar but just different enough to make it NOT work with the GSM software!

Rolis will read SOME TDMA flash files but will NOT write any.

Phonedudes:D

funshopper_de
15-07-2002, 08:07 AM
....bat can he not use nfree or Knok?

Thatīs all GSM tool not TDMA?

phonedudes
15-07-2002, 08:13 AM
KNOK depending on the version will work SOMEWHAT... Nfree I cant think of any function that works on the TDMA files..

We have made KNOK read and write, the problem comes about when trying to modify the files so that you can calculate the checksum. Because nobody is really sure (and of course model of phone and software version change as well) how they calculate all the checksum(s).

Reading a flash and then just writing isnt really the problem although not as straight forward as with a GSM phone the big problem is if you want to modify, language ,text ,rings, mcu etc..

Phonedudes