PDA

View Full Version : data cable => flasher cable?

Razz
24-07-2003, 10:02 AM
If i take a data cable,M/F bus and stick at the serial end a male-female null modem, would i be able to use it as a flashing cable?

Also, does the cheap flasher support flashing newer cellphones like 3650 etc...?
If i build a cable and get the necessary software, what would i still need?

I'm guessing i would have to upgrade the dongle somehow or use appropriate software for it?

Does flashing and upgrading (MCU+PPM) remove simlock?

Thanks for the help.

Seany_Ireland
26-07-2003, 01:38 AM
I thought all DCT4 flashing programs are dongle protected.. ?

If you built your own cable that waould still be specific to whatever software you have.. There is no free flashing option available for the Nokia DCT4 phones...

Cheap flashers do not support the 3650, even if they could I would not trust them

Seany

Razz
26-07-2003, 05:33 AM
i already have the dongle.
What i mean is the flasher cables that attach to the dongle, are they the same as a M/F bus cable except with a male plug?

datalife2000
10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
i hope u have discovered that already!

yes u can do that. u can use the heads for anything. thats excatly what i do. i use the flasher connectors with ny own design of m/f bus & it works. tell us which box u r using & we will help u further. use pinout diagrams to assist u. & of course a testmeter!! :) :)

sergo_zmeia
12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
Read the forum FAQ...the link is at the bottom of my replay..
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

Razz
13-08-2003, 12:20 AM
i'm using cheap flasher with a number of programs...
I just wanted to see what would happen if i tried to flash the 3650 with cheap flasher.
One thing though, if i remember correctly, sull modem switches pins 3&4 right?
Are those the same pins that need to be switched in the flasher setup null modem?
Also, is anyone sure that cheap flasher does not support 3650?
Did anyone actually tried to flash it?

Sergo, your link didn't work for me, and the faq didn't help me in my question.