PDA

View Full Version : My experiences of flash reading with userport on XP with problems

bobl
25-07-2003, 05:44 PM
I think my subjects are fairly clear :)

Knok Build 22 (Knok95.exe) - Doesn't support 3410
Knok Phoneix 1a - Supports 3410, reads the full flash fairly slowly..
.but I guess it's okay :)
Knok 2k3 - Apparantly supports the 3410, but comes up with cable not connected :(
Rolis 479 - Just hangs at "Power On"

So out of the four programs, only one works...I haven't even tried writing yet.

I'm running all the programs in compatability mode with userport.
I am pretty sure userport is okay, since KnokPhoneix is working...

I guess that's it...if anyone has any suggestions apart from reinstalling 98...(Which I will probably do), I'd be interested in hearing it.

And I thought Rolis 479 was built for XP...

Oh well

Cheers

Bob

jeep
25-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Not sure about XP - I have Win2K here...

I always used to use knok95 - until I got a 3410 that is, so it's rolis 479 now for the compatibility reason.

If rolis hangs, press the esc key and try again. I used to have serious problems with it hanging on me at power up with a 3310, but it's never done it on my 3410. Turn the phone off for a little while before trying to read, I found that used to help.

Userport is working - turn it off and then load rolis.
If XP is the same as 2k, then it will give an error - so it's a nice way of confirming userport is setup properly.

HTH
George

bobl
25-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Mate, what error message do you get if userport isn't installed?

Everytime I start Rolis 479 up w/ out comptability mode, I get "Win2k, WinXP users ...install Userport first....Now it won't work..."

Is that the error message? Cause I get that whether userport is running or not.

I installed userport by:

Copy to Windows\System32\drivers\Userport.sys + Userport.exe

Run userport.exe

Start
Update
Exit

Cheers

Bob

pico
25-07-2003, 06:50 PM
any knok version can support any dct3 nokia..
just edit config files to include what you need.

jeep
25-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by bobl
Mate, what error message do you get if userport isn't installed?The one you say you get all the time... it doesn't appear here if userport is running - but that's on 2k remember.

Installation sounds fine - the exe file doesn't need to go in the drivers directory though, you can keep it in the same directory as your other nokia tools.

Only other idea is to check the IO ports that userport has configured - is your printer port address listed?

Otherwise it's an XP thing - and I've never even seen XP running :D

George

chunkhead
26-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Ok, we know your cables are working and so is userport as you we're able to read with Knok! Have you got the correct LPT port setup in Rolis? There is 2! Try the other one!? I can flash with Rolis in Win2K using userport! Keep trying, but I use 98SE for phones!!!;) :(

bobl
26-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Knok is working without userport...:confused:

I uninstalled (*Stopped*) userport from running and knok is still working...

Rolis gives me the error message whether I am running or not running userport.

How do I _really_ check if userport is running in Device Manager?

Cheers

Bob

Vyrus Débar
26-07-2003, 10:46 AM

Everytime I start Rolis 479 up w/ out comptability mode, I get "Win2k, WinXP users ...install Userport first....Now it won't work..."

I installed userport by:

Run userport.exe

Start
Update
Exit

Cheers

Bob

this error message has NOTHING to do with whther userport is installed or not....

its regarding whether rolis flasher has been set in compatability mode to run on win 98 / me...

rolis flasher DOES work fine on windows xp / xp pro when under compatability mode and when user post is installed..

[b]HOWEVER... waht I am about to say has been mentioned in many threads...

ROLIS FLASHER DOES NOT SEEM TO GET ON WITH ATI RADEON DRIVERS

I HAVE TESTED ROLIS FLASHER ON MORE THAN 1 XP SYSTEM... BOTH HOME AND PRO WHICH DID NOT HAVE RADEON DRIVERS INSTALLED AN THEY WORKED FINE...

GeeZzuZ HAS ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS... HE DECIDED TO TEST IT OUT TO PROVE IT WER THE DRIVERS CAUSING ROLIS TO HANG.... UPON UNINSTALLING HIS RADEON DRIVERS ROLIS BAGAN TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY...

SO IF U DNT HAVE ATI RADEON DRIVERS INSTALLED THEN U SHUD BE OK...

UNLESS ITS NOT JUST THIS BREED OF DRIVERS...

GOOD DAY[B]

Vyrus Débar
26-07-2003, 10:46 AM

I installed userport by:

Run userport.exe

Start
Update
Exit

Cheers

Bob

this error message has NOTHING to do with whther userport is installed or not....

its regarding whether rolis flasher has been set in compatability mode to run on win 98 / me...

rolis flasher DOES work fine on windows xp / xp pro when under compatability mode and when user post is installed..

HOWEVER... waht I am about to say has been mentioned in many threads...

ROLIS FLASHER DOES NOT SEEM TO GET ON WITH ATI RADEON DRIVERS

I HAVE TESTED ROLIS FLASHER ON MORE THAN 1 XP SYSTEM... BOTH HOME AND PRO WHICH DID NOT HAVE RADEON DRIVERS INSTALLED AN THEY WORKED FINE...

GeeZzuZ HAS ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS... HE DECIDED TO TEST IT OUT TO PROVE IT WER THE DRIVERS CAUSING ROLIS TO HANG.... UPON UNINSTALLING HIS RADEON DRIVERS ROLIS BAGAN TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY...

SO IF U DNT HAVE ATI RADEON DRIVERS INSTALLED THEN U SHUD BE OK...

UNLESS ITS NOT JUST THIS BREED OF DRIVERS...

GOOD DAY