PDA

View Full Version : multimedia message error via settings

jim_pam
27-07-2003, 11:39 AM
HI.
I have got details from the nokia web site regarding the settings for using MMS.
It tells me to go to messaging/options/settings then select multimedia message with the joykey.
When i do this it returns with an error of Messaging:System error.
I have tried a reboot of the phone,restart without a memory card yet nothing clears the error message when i try agian.
Whats wrong with my phone???
Thank in advance.
:(

Just been to voda live setup site and followed everthing to the letter with auto setup via several text messages yet when i try to save these settings to the phone it gives a similar error:confused: :(

:)

I'll answer my own question here.

I rebooted the phone with the memory card out using the *#7370#.
The phone booted up OK so i went back to the live setup http://online.nokia.mywds.com/api/configurator/Configure and installed the configs as required.
The configs saved themselves to the respective places in the phone when saved this time with no error messages.
I then put the memory card back in and this time i recieved no error messages on start up which normally gave me two of before the reboot.
The only thing that i had to replace in the phone memory was the sdoubler prog because everthing on my phone is zipped and nothing would unzip until this prog was restored.
Everything seems to be working OK and i now have the capabillity to send via the MMS:D

I have just checked with handy file as to how much info is now in C drive.
Doing this has cleared up a load of garbage on the C drive and i now have a healthy 3.2 Meg to use on this drive now were as before i only had about 1.2Meg on C drive.:D :D

Just had to reinstall irRemote and MGS but these are the only two out of many:)