PDA

View Full Version : MAD chip??

brewbob
29-06-2002, 07:30 PM
I saw that some guy is selling bad Nokia 8860 phones on Ebay. He claims the MAD chip is blown and that prevents the ESN from being fixed or upgraded. Anyone know about this MAD chip? Is there a possibility MY 8860 phones with bad ESNs are in the same condition and I can never reprogram the ESN?

wfc
30-06-2002, 02:43 PM
once the mad chip is gone it is just not worth fixing. you have to replace it and that is hard enough because you need to have the right equipment to desolder and resolder the mad chips. in other words the phones are beyond economical repair. sorry

brewbob
30-06-2002, 02:58 PM
How do you know when the MAD chip is gone? This is an 8860 phone. I havent been able to read it or write to it with any of the available programs.

phonedudes
30-06-2002, 06:24 PM
@brewbob Did you ever get you NOK SOC, to run???

We are in the process of writing software for TDMA/CDMA (just havent had much time lately). Do you only have the MBUS (9pin cable) or do you have a Parallel Port flasher cable?

As far as your 'MAD' chip being bad... Your phone would not function if that were the case. It just needs to be addressed properly and none of the mainstream software is designed to REWRITE ESN #'s

Phonedudes

brewbob
30-06-2002, 07:15 PM
I do not know what Nok SOC is....unless you mean the ucables tdma unlocker. I never got it to run.

I only have a serial cable capable of connection to the 8860. I have several parallel cables but none with the required connector for the 8860. Ill convert the serial cable to parallel if need be. I am getting desperate...I need to find a solution. I am willing to start reverse engineering the code in the flash...if I can just get to it.

Where can I get this Nok SOC program? Will it allow me to read write the 8860?

glenborj
03-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Well I just hope Nokia increases their Quality Control line and not beta testing it directly to consumers....

glenborj
03-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Well I just hope Nokia increases their Quality Control line and not beta testing it directly to consumers....

NLOGOMASTER
06-07-2002, 07:15 PM
r U a victim of bete testing?

glenborj
09-07-2002, 02:16 PM
I think almost all recent models are directly beta tested to consumers. If not, we wouldn't have this forum and how to's. Imagine a new nokia model which has just been released and for about a week it software gone corrupt and had to bring it to a third party repair center just to get it flashed. This happens to almost half of the imported nokia models here in the philippines. That is why Virra Mall got so famous when it comes to repairing mobile phones esp. nokias.

Mrhazeem
13-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Hello ...

The MAD chip is the Heart of the phone ( CPU )
when it is damaged the phone will not function..
and it is not changable...!!!
and also the esn can not be changed easily ,it is very complicated process

Best Regards

Abed
Nokia Monster

brewbob
13-07-2002, 07:32 PM
The phones I have turn on fine..so I assume the MAD chip is OK. I do need to set the esn in the phones. Complicated processes dont bother me. How do I do it?

Mrhazeem
13-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Hello..

The esn can be changed using nokiasoc program BUT the problem is the checksum for the esn
when you change the esn your phone will be No Service and it will not work proparly untill you put the right checksum in the eeprom and mcu in MAD
if you know how to calculate the checksum pls let me know ..so we can corporate ...

that's it friend...

Best Regards
Abed
Nokia Monster

brewbob
13-07-2002, 08:32 PM
No problem with the checksum..I can calc it. Where can I get the Nokiasoc program? Tell me more please! I have been trying to find a way to program these phones for months.

jibril_s
19-11-2002, 01:20 AM
how do you calculate the checksum?