PDA

View Full Version : faults on 8850

dBZERK
29-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey all im new to this.
ive had my 8850 for some time now..
recently it is randomly getting reception,
turning its self off,
sometimes its not recognising the sim card.
ive replaced the antenna 3 times now.
i know its not the sim cards fault cos it works with other phones.

could i get anyones help on this please as i do not want to part with this phone.:(

chunkhead
29-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Hmm, could be a few problems! Was it water damaged? It could be software problem also! Click on the www button below! Maybe I can help you!?

dBZERK
29-07-2003, 03:50 AM
nah no water damage at all!

dBZERK
29-07-2003, 04:01 AM
plus its an itermittant fault which will be hard to pick up on.. i have the data cable for it.. is there some stuff i can do to check it out for myself?

sergo_zmeia
29-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Just read the forum FAQ and post some more info how You get this problem...
Just cant understand why You must be told twice to read the FAQ
chunkhead said it pretty clear...
Regards!
Sergo_Zmeia

dBZERK
30-07-2003, 11:43 PM
umm maybe everytime i clicked on that link it comes up with page cannont be displayed? anyway i took the liberty of going to another friends house 5 ks away to get the FAQ up and to find it didn't tell me anything but to post CLEARLY my problem in the title.
Anyway its a fault that just happened. i did nothing to cause it.
and i think i made it clear in the above post what my problem is.

1 no reception/ network carrier (randomly)
2 insert sim card (randomly)

antenna has been changed 5 times and i had optus world in store tech to look at it and he couldn't pick a fault cause it was intermittant.

can i please get some help into what i can do MY end...

chunkhead
31-07-2003, 02:55 AM
I'd say your "Optus in-store tech" was a wanker! You wanna see the crap I had to put up with in there yesterday! He told me that I don't know what i'm talking about, because he works in a phone shop and I don't! I asked him what the Nokia model name for the 3310\5 was (NHM-5NX), and he said " Nah, it's just refered to as the 3310\5"! Twat! Your phone has probably be involved with liquid! Trust me! May it be in the sink, a splash of beer, in your pocket whilst raining or even humidity! Try my water damage method! It's in the General discussion section under FAQ idea's or something! It's Bobl's post at the top! As for disassebmling the phone... 8850 is a pain! easy to break! Be careful!;)

dBZERK
31-07-2003, 11:33 PM
humm.. i think id probably just get in contact with you and give ya the phone cos your in melb too... can i get your details or that web address again? thanks...
its just hard to pick out cos the faults are random.. but you seem to know what your on about.. thanks for your help champ.

dBZERK
05-08-2003, 01:57 AM
hey can i get that www address again so i can contact you plz? thanks for your help

chunkhead
05-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Click on the www button below all my posts to go to my website!;)