PDA

View Full Version : Using 3650 as bluetooth external modem

N1C0
29-07-2003, 09:24 AM
1)
I've installed nokia PCsuite from the included cd, but when i try 2 install the modem utility, i can't choose the bluetooth option even if i've previously installed bluetooth SW 'n HW....

2)
Finally i've created a connection from CONTROL PANEL and when my pc is being project to the net, an error occurs....(734)

I'm going crazy help me please!!

tnx!

shakazulu
30-07-2003, 04:05 AM
as far as i know u domn't need to install anythin to use the phone as a bluetooth modem that is already taken care of by the bluetooth software u installed . but u do need to if u u wanna use the infra red to connect to the phone as a modem .good luck buddy and try to read the manual b4 u install anything next time.

N1C0
30-07-2003, 07:26 PM
i wanna 2 use my phone as a bluetooth modem, not as an infrared one.... i've read the manual i've not found any answ

shakazulu
31-07-2003, 11:03 AM
i don't know what kind of adapter u have for u bluetootha(dlink-120 here) but whatever u have am sure it came with a software for the adapter except u are using a laptop that came with inbuilt bluetooth anway it don't matter cos the nokia software as far as i know will not configure ur modem as bluetooth modem for u (infrared yes) . what u need to do is go into ur bluetooth places and run the setup wizard and then check all u the things u want bluetooth to handle for u and after pairing ur bluetooth phone and computer then u can move to step 2
step 2 . go to network connections (on windows XP) then go thru the process of creating a new network connection which is gonna be internet then it will tell u where to enter phone number u wanna call and the rest u can get from either ur ISp or phone company. u need to make sure when u configure this dial up networking that the bluetooth modem is the one used and not another modem and that all u need . then whenever u wanna use it just right click the icon made and choose connect . PCsuite will will only setup modem for infrared not bluetooth. if u need anymore help lemme know and also what type of adapter u are using.