not a professional cracker, but I have managed -at a point- to run
WinTesla 6.46.002 without a PKD1 by using an emulator in VCPP I
wrote (not based on Rattle's one). As I said, only at a point and
WT hangs most of the time. What I need is a dump of FLS-X and
another PKD-1 so as to emulate both of them. If you can help me,
reply. Thanks in advance, koncool.

rsmith
30-07-2003, 05:03 AM
No hard feelings but, I really find it hard to beleive that you did all of that with the Saras files.

For the whole concept to work, you would have to emulate 3 complete sections: 1 the pc interface (which Rattle started), 2 the hardware micro, and 3 the specialized asic. Rattle created code for section 1 and I suppose that you could too. For section 2, you would have to convert assembly from another processor back to C. For section 3, there is no information.

The method Rattle tried was to emulate part 1 and skip 2 and 3. The key was figuring out the challange /response sequences and statically programming them into the code. However, the challenge /response sequences are dynamic. It really wouldn't be encryption if they weren't.

About the bin files, yes I agree the Saras bins are not useless junk. However, they are encrypted and essentially useless without the decryption sequence.

Finally, I have to ask what exactly is another binary dump of a PKD-1 and FLS-x is going to do for you. You know that the Saras PKD-1 bins are good, right. Why would you need another? As for the FLS-x, the power of that device is in the hardware. Using it to activate WinTesla or Phoenix is overkill, so that binary is pretty useless.

rsmith