PDA

View Full Version : AORD changing in 5.47 and 5.55

ttlog
30-06-2002, 10:23 PM
As most Greeks will know, the 5.47 and 5.55 upgrades for the 3310 (3315) have a bug in the phone book. The keypresses don't correspond to the letters from the phonebook (e.g. pressing 7 will get you to A.In fact every keypress will get you to A!). I tried substituting the AORD with one from a previous version (4.35) but it didn't work. Looking at the AORD chunk with a Hex editor I saw that the format NOKIA uses is the same as in the 6210. I copied the greek part of the 6210 AORD and pasted it in place of the one in the 5.55 AORD but got contact service (I had calculated the CRCs first). My question is if someone knows of any way to fix this annoying problem. Thanks in advance

P.S. Looking at the AORD in every other language after some bytes there is a sequence of bytes that goes like this 0102 0304 ... 1A1B (26 bytes like the alphabet). In Greek this is messed up (like 0102 1B1C ... ). I substituted this part with the same part from the English part and the phonebook almost works (you need to press every button around 7 times to get to the preffered letter, and only some letters work)

kushnarenk
01-07-2002, 05:10 PM
I have same problem with russian language...

StRanger
02-07-2002, 04:21 AM
hi there

we've two operators here. "SMARTS" and "MTS". the shit is the MTS' simcards have same problem, but SMARTS' - not :)

so, it depends of simcard type.

кстати, есть простой способ - ставить первые буквы в записнухе английские.

kushnarenk
03-07-2002, 10:52 AM
Все равно прийдется перебирать сначала русские буквы...
Почему этой проблемы не было раньше?
Может как-нибудь подправить PPM?
У меня кубань-GSM.

StRanger
03-07-2002, 12:03 PM
try to reenter all entries in phonebook. and russian chars always will first as in oldest versions.
по-жизни сначала русские буквы шли. но уж если хочется - правь AORD. у меня нет желания лезть туда ради этого...

NokDoc
03-07-2002, 12:20 PM
To Mr. kushnarenk,

>> I have same problem with russian language...

Most of us forum readers have!

Use English.

NokDoc