PDA

View Full Version : GPRS woes with Orange PAYG

Ringofan
29-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi folks,
Please help!! I have a shiny new GD87e on Orange PAYG & whilst I love it for the most part I cannot get GPRS to work (but can connect via the standard WAP server). 156 have been next to useless, I've set everything up as per their instructions & have had no joy. I've even driven around my home town to areas Orange say are definitely not GPRS "blackspots" to ensure that isn't the problem!! Whatever I do I get "connection failed". Can anybody tell me if they've had these problems &, if so, how did they solve them? I don't know if it's related, but I can't download the In-Fusio games catalog either. It attempts to download & then fails whilst still at 0% with the very informtive message "Error"!!

Thanx in advance....

dogbert
30-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Ringofan

Just a few points to check...

Has your account had GPRS/MMS activated on it?

What areas of the handset have you populated?

Dog :cool:

Ringofan
31-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi Dogbert,
Thanks for replying. I have had GPRS/MMS activated (& have succesfully sent an MMS message to my home e-mail with a picture attached), I have the aeriel icon visible at the top of the screen. I'm a bit of a newbie so you'll have to excuse my being a bit thick, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "areas I've populated", can you explain in words of 2 syllables or less that an intellectually challenged Welsh guy can understand? 8-)

Many thanks,

Ringofan.

dogbert
11-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Ringofan

Sorry for the delay in reply but I have been away.

Are you still struggling???

Regards

Dog :cool: