PDA

View Full Version : 8310 PUK Code

mabbutt
31-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Hi

I am trying to find out how to un-lock the Nokia 8310 when it is asking for the PUK code. I am fully aware that this can be obtained from my network.

However, at any local market or shopping mall there are people who will charge £10 to un-lock the phone. They simply key in a code and the phone works again !!!

Does anybody know what they type in ??

TomTanderson
31-07-2003, 09:33 AM
You are confusing 2 things. Unlock codes are used to allow a phone to be used on all networks when it has been locked to one network and are specific to the phone.

PUK codes are related to the SIM. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly 3 times the SIM is locked and you need the PUK code from the SIM provider to unlock it. I don't know of any way to obtain this information.

BTW. Don't post your question in more than one forum, it just pisses off the people who may be able to answer your question ;)

Tom

phatworldtk
31-07-2003, 01:25 PM
You can get the PUK Code very easy using sim cloning hardware. A lot of unnecessary trouble really... just buy a new simcard.

bobl
31-07-2003, 04:43 PM
You can get the PUK Code very easy using sim cloning hardware

Cool, I tried to look into that sorta hardware, but never got anywhere. Costs a little too much for my liking tbh :)

Any newer price changes?

Cheers

Bob

pico
31-07-2003, 04:54 PM
yea, few £..
try this scheme:)