PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Unlock your dct4 phone yourself, without a cable!

bobl
31-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Okay, feel free to add your thoughts at the bottom guys :) A thank you would also be great.

Do you have a: Nokia 3510i, 6100, 8910, 8910i, 8310, 6510, 6310, 6310i, 6650,6800, 7210, 7250, 6610, 3650 or 7650?

Then unlock it yourself with the calculators attached below!

WARNING: YOU UNLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK, NokiaFREE takes absolutely no responsilibity in how you use this information, unlocking is not illegal, but you may be in violation of Terms of Service and other contracts between you and your Network Provider if you switch to another network or unlock your phone.

You need to get this information first:

1) Your IMEI: Take out the battery, you'll see a white sticker with a 15 digit number.
2) Your phone model: (You should know this, it's next to the IMEI anyway)
3) Your network provider code: This bit is a little tricky, if you don't know it, look at the drop down list in the calculators, look for your Country AND Provider carefully.

Now download anyone of the fine calculators below, and extract the zip files to a folder. Open up the program, and type in the information VERY carefully.

Note: If you DON'T have a 3650 or 7650, choose type 2, if you DO have a 3650 or 7650, choose type 5 (Only in some calculators)

You'll be given a list of 7 numbers. Take out your SIM card, put your battery back in, and switch on the phone. Wait for it to say "Insert SIM".

Type in code 7 VERY CAREFULLY.

To get the + press the * key two times
To get the p press the * key three times
To get the w press the * key four times

e.g.: #pw+12345789012345+7#

You should get a "Restriction off" message. Stick your SIM back in and turn on your phone. Enter your PIN (if you have one), there you go! A fully unlocked phone.

Enjoy!

Note: If your code doesn't work. Double check your information VERY CAREFULLY. If you type in a wrong code more than five times, you'll cause your phone to be permanently locked, unless you cable unlock it. You'll know this cause you get the "Cannot Undo Restriction" message.

Note 2: This is what each for the seven codes do:

Lock 1 - MCC+MNC (Network/Country Specific)
Lock 2 - GID1 Lock (Type of SIM card)
Lock 3 - GID2 Lock (Type of SIM card)
Lock 4 - MSIN Lock (Sim Specific)

There are only four locks, however codes 5-7 do the following:

Code 5 - Unlock 1 and 2
Code 6 - Unlock 1, 2 and 3
Code 7 - Unlock 1, 2, 3 and 4 (I.E. Master Unlock)

You don't need to worry about this though, just type in Code 7 and all should be well :)

bobl
31-07-2003, 07:26 PM
By Pico!

bobl
31-07-2003, 07:28 PM
By dr.bizar!

bobl
31-07-2003, 07:29 PM
By UniqueSW!

Download (http://www.uniquesw.com/dl.php?9)
(http://www.uniquesw.com/dl.php?9)

bobl
31-07-2003, 09:41 PM
Thank yous go to the authors, Nfree members especially those who help :)

Correction credits: Yotamz

Alinus
01-08-2003, 11:28 AM
AN UPDATED LIST WITH OPERATORS WILL BE NEEDED ALSO :)

GtBunny
02-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Thank you soooooooooooo much bobl tis indeed a fabby lil calc :)

bobl
11-08-2003, 06:48 AM
Could a mod please sticky this thread?

Cheers

Bob

warrior7
15-08-2003, 08:31 PM
I was allready tried 5 different codes on my nokia 3650.I screwd up! what I have to do next? Did i made problem to the phone?

thanks...... pls help!!!

bobl
16-08-2003, 10:01 AM
If you type in a wrong code more than five times, you'll cause your phone to be permanently locked, unless you cable unlock it. You'll know this cause you get the "Cannot Undo Restriction" message.

You haven't broken the phone, but you cannot unlock the phone without a cable anymore.

Cheers

Bob

James Watt
17-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Dear Bob.
I purchased a Nokia 3510i PAYG phone 2 months ago. I found some areas where I could not get a signal from the Service. I decided it would be an idea to be able to switch networks to ensure useability. I followed your instructions and I carried on using the original Network and SIM Card. During WAP calls I get cut-off, and get a message "Phone Restricted". When I try to carry on I get an "Enter Code" message.

The only way to get the phone working again is to switch it off and re-boot. The first code I used was the 7th, then I tried the 1st.

I'm reluctant to try any more as I'm aware the phone will become permanently blocked.

Am I the only one with this problem ???

Regards James Watt

bobl
17-08-2003, 10:26 AM
The first code I used was the 7th, then I tried the 1st.

Were these sucessful unlocks? (Did you get a good message?).

If so, lock 7 as instructed above is the only code you were meant to type in.

If not, you should regenerate your codes and check if they are the same.

Then post in the general discussion forum, since someone else may have experienced these problems.

Gluck

Bob

sgt35coy
17-08-2003, 01:35 PM
hi ya bob, i think that your calculator is great. i have a small problem though, i tried to unlock a 8310 that had never been touched before and it says code error ! i have tried this 4 times ans am reluctant to try it the 5th. is this a normal problem with the 8310 series ?? apart from that it works great, cheers bob.

bobl
17-08-2003, 06:16 PM
I can understand your reluctance to try the fifth code.

I really think you should double check ALL your information:

IMEI: (Did you copy this correctly to the calculator)
Original Network Code: (Are you sure you have the correct Network code? Remember that T-Mobile UK has three different codes!)

I haven't heard of any problems "8310 unlocking" wise, perhaps it would be best to post in that particular forum and ask for more information.

Gluck

Bob

P.S. I didn't write these calculators, I wrote the FAQ and try to help people to help themselves :)!

P.P.S Also post your information in the dct4 unlock forum and see if they come up with different codes... :)

James Watt
17-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Dear Bob.
I was very careful to enter the correct information required, but did not get a "Successful" response. I can use the phone with another SIM Card successfully to make voice calls and send Text Messages, but when I use the original SIM Card to make WAP Calls I get blocked after a while. The signal disappears and I get the message warning me the phone is restricted, it then requests a code. I just turn the phone off and re-boot.

Methinks the service provider system has detected the phone has been unlocked using an unauthorised code. The term "Abuse of Service" comes to mind, I seem to recall reading about it in the Terms and Conditions ?

Perhaps I should not have done this to a brand new phone within the 14 days of purchase?

Thanks anyway Bob, I blame myself for committing such an act.

With hindsight, I should have bought a SIM-Free phone. :-)

Regards from James Watt

bobl
17-08-2003, 08:23 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your phone, I'm glad there is no hard feelings. However, I'm suprised this has happened...

As far as I'm aware there is no system in place to prevent unauthorised unlocking, especially as you are continuing with their service :(

Can you use WAP with another SIM card? If so, I suggest moving networks and never going back. If they treat you this badly, there must be a better option. Which network is it?

I seem to recall reading about it in the Terms and Conditions ?
Any chance of you typing this up? I'm very suprised that they included that in the ToS etc.

Take care, and hope you can resolve this issue.

Good luck

Bob

James Watt
18-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Dear Bob.
I have looked again at the Terms and Conditions ( booklet 6 ) I got with the phone I purchased from O2.
In Section 2 Provision of Service, 2.5 it states (Verbatim) :-

"Until such time as you Register with us, but limited to a period of 3 months from the date you purchase your Mobile Phone, you may use your Mobile Phone to make emergency calls or calls to us to purchase calltime."

Reading further I came across more relevant wording:-

Section "7 Our Rights to Bar or disconnect Your Mobile Phone."

"7.2 We may at our discretion bar or disconnect your Mobile Phone if we have reasonable cause to suspect fraudulent use of a credit card/debit card, your SIM Card or Mobile Phone."

"7.3 In addition to anything else we can do, we may bar or disconnect your Mobile Phone at any time if:
(a) you fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions in any material way;"

"13 Tariff transfer and Mobile Phone Locking"

"13.2 Your Mobile Phone is likely to be locked to the Network. If this is the case, you must not insert another operator's SIM card into the Mobile Phone without an unlatching code (which is not your PIN code) We will on request provide an unlatching code after a qualifying period............"

I have not registered the phone, I just activated the Top-Up Card that came with it to commence operation of the phone and use the £1 credit. It was not stated in Booklet 1 that I was "required" to register my details within 30 days of activation, merely tempted to do so, to claim the further £4.

To add to my credit I purchased another Top-Up Card, because I was unable to do so with the one provided. When later I tried again to add to my credit, both cards would not be accepted so I purchased yet another card. It took a further 3 days before I got Text messages informing me my cards were registered. I have yet to try any of them again so far :-)

In the first 2 weeks I got lots of calls to the phone from witheld numbers, so I ignored them (just like I do on my home phone). Could these have come from O2? Is someone assigned to persuade new users to register their name and address?

Eventually the calls ceased, and I just got a Text Message informing me that my 30 day period is nearly up. The first 30 days, or up to 3000 minutes (after activating the phone) entitled me to free WAP calls. Also I was entitled to " free media messaging, ringtones and games". I just wanted the WAP calls to evaluate the facility and access my Internet Email accounts.

My status on here shows I'm a"Newbie". For the record, I'm 48, and I qualified as an Electronics Engineer before I joined the Army, as a Royal Signals Radio Technician. I now work as a QA Engineeer for an electronics company.

My reason for "personalising" my Mobile Phone was to enable me to use it wherever I was. I have found some areas where I cannot get a signal from the O2 network. I accept that NO Network Provider has 100% coverage, but I am aware that there are places where one does not, another one does.

I like to go hillwalking, whether the South Downs, North Downs, the Peak District, Dartmoor etc. Last year I ended up in a Cardiac Unit having an operation, my wife is worried that if I'm out roaming in the wilderness and I become unwell, I may not be able to call for help due to a Network coverage black-spot. With the new SIM Card I have, I am able to select any of the 4 Networks. So I can go Roaming whilst roaming :-)

That was my main reason for unlocking my phone. Is what I've done abuse of service, or fraudulent use of phone?

Feel free to post this where you feel others may benefit from it Bob, I have no gripe with O2 or Nokia, I like the 3510i, as it seems to be the least costly WAP phone with features that suit my needs. For voice and Text calls O2 provide a good service, I just wish the WAP system would not disconnnect me for no apparent reason, and block me out telling me my phone is "Restricted" "Enter Code" :-(

Presently I'm looking into the Terms and Conditions of Vodaphone.

Keep up the good work Bob

Kind regards from James Watt

Dace
18-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi James,
Did you contact O2 since you bought the phone and the free period expired to have the sim card Wap enabled? I've read on other threads this isn't done untill the sevice provider sends you a text with the information needed enclosed, it may just be the phone can't connect untill set up properly. I hope that's the reason :) .

Dace.

Alinus
18-08-2003, 10:40 AM
THIS THREAD IS FAQ.
SO NO REPLIES NEEDED.

IF U HAVE PROBLEMS UNLOCKING YOUR DCT 4 PHONE JUST GO TO DCT 4 UNLOCK CODES SECTION.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

THREAD CLOSED AND MOVED TO FAQ.