PDA

View Full Version : CoderDemo 40kb, real amazing!

enzo
31-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Hi,
I just found a program that really surprises me. It's a 40KB coder demo. but, in that 40kb there are 3d-levels, music and a lot of effects, it's really amazing. I recommend not fullscreen, windowed is better. In fact, it's really damn amazing!

You should really try it... even modem users... and for people who know asm, can take a look at the code (I don't know ASM well).

Greetingz
[enzo]

bobl
31-07-2003, 09:47 PM
OMG!

I don't recommend running full screen + it takes a long time to load...be patient!

This is AMAZING :)

At least I thought so...

It's beautiful, well designed...

Thank you enzo

Cheers

Bob

Btw, it's packed, if you wanna look at it, unpack it using upx :)....Enjoy

enzo
31-07-2003, 09:57 PM
bobl, thanks. But why should UPX be used???
For me I just took WinRAR and started the demo, or do you mean that it can be extracted into it's pieces? Well, I do a try.... thanks. :)

Greetingz
[enzo]

jeep
01-08-2003, 12:03 PM
UPX compresses exe files...

large.exe -> small.exe

If you decode the small exe that you get out of winzip/winrar then you'll be looking at a small chunk of code that unpacks itself back to the large exe. It does this all in memory, without you ever realising it's doing it.

The 'proper' demo exe filesize is actually 200k and this is the one you need to look at if you want to work out "how'd they do that?"

Here's a command line tool (hey this is the lounge so what the hell!) that will let you get the original file to play with :D

Nice demo BTW!

George

bobl
02-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeh, I was talking about EXE packing, a 200kb demo isn't fantastic, but for the quality and quantity it certainly is fairly good :)

I am quite a fan of demos, very good :)

@Enzo, are you a FreeBSD user (I assume that's why you have that avatar), what's it like?

Cheers

Bob

enzo
02-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks!

No, I'm a (Aqua-) Windows User.
Screenshots:

www.en-zo.de/sc1.jpg
www.en-zo.de/scr1.jpg
www.en-zo.de/yes.jpg
www.en-zo.de/yes1.jpg

;) I just like the picture of the penguin gone f*cked by the devil. *g*

Greetingz
[enzo]

Vicas
03-08-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by enzo
Thanks!

No, I'm a (Aqua-) Windows User.
Screenshots:

www.en-zo.de/sc1.jpg
www.en-zo.de/scr1.jpg
www.en-zo.de/yes.jpg
www.en-zo.de/yes1.jpg

;) I just like the picture of the penguin gone f*cked by the devil. *g*

Greetingz
[enzo]

WOW, that looks very nice, better than my attempt at copying OSX... I just use a a OSX Theme for Style XP... wot do u use? a seperate shell like aston or summink?

enzo
03-08-2003, 09:15 PM
I use:

Stardock products:
------------------------
WindowBlinds 4.1
DesktopX 2 Beta
IconPackager

Aqua-Soft programs (Free)
----------------------------------
iPhoto, iTunes, iMail mod,

and a lot of more....

1st tip:
take a look on the two board, they are the best boards for OSX:
www.aqua-soft.org and www.aquaxp.com

2nd tip:
U must download dis, it's great. But yo MUST have WinXP SP1 or you'll have a big problem. http://www.fileconnect.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1632
any q's? mail me: [email protected]

Greetingz
[enzo]

bobl
05-08-2003, 05:00 PM
I think we switched topics here ;), how about starting a new thread on explorer shells/mods + OSes :)

I'll just stick to Mandrake & Litestep, makes me feel all Tuxy :)

Cheers

Bob