02-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi guys

Has anyone got the prog and flash to upgrade a T68 to a T68i
And instructions on how to do this?

Cheers
T

RudeYute
03-07-2002, 01:12 AM
Empty your pockets.... EMMA II required.

PaoloWireless
03-07-2002, 02:15 AM
Guys, I might be able to flash ur T68m to T68i w/mms.
I just got some equiptment, and I will be doing some tests to make sure. Once my testing is complete, I will be able do help u guys out..

RudeYute
03-07-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by PaoloWireless
Guys, I might be able to flash ur T68m to T68i w/mms.
I just got some equiptment, and I will be doing some tests to make sure. Once my testing is complete, I will be able do help u guys out..
With no additional hardware required?
Can't exactly send phones to you as most of us are in diff countries.

Kid
04-07-2002, 02:17 PM
DOes the LCD display need to be replaced if you were to upgrade it to the t68i? And is there any SW available to up grade it other than the EMMA II?:confused:

DavieB
05-07-2002, 05:25 AM
@Kid - Nope and Nope
Sadly there is no other soft but...
Carphonewarehouse do it for free!
Ericsson and Nokia adopt the same philosiphy whereby if you buy it you should be entitled to free upgrades!

Take it along and they'll do it free - no need to change screen...

I'm actually buying my t68 today and dropping it off straight away (with any luck I'll be able to get the guy to upgrade it while i wait - dont wanna wait for days!!!)

Rgds

DavieB
08-07-2002, 01:22 PM
Well, CarphoneWarehouse had a MASSIVE waiting list (4 working days!)

Luckily, my favoured original centre (TRS Clydebank) had the EMMA2 + Smartcard..
They agreed to do it while I waited (today) as I was in a rush..

New features are incredible - It's amazing how much a simple software upgrade can improve a phones functionality!
MMS demos are so good!

Right now I have over 600Kb free (dynamic memory for pics, mms, b/g, screensavers, melodys - phonebook and sms are seperate) - the average GIF image (full color) takes 2Kb! Do the math :)
Ringtones are about 200b (~0.2Kb)
My understanding of the phones dynamic memory is that your limited simply by how much free memory - number of entries isn't a problem!

Anyway - a very worthwhile upgrade!

Also, NAB's (In glasgow) sell's the t68 casing/shell - the gold ones in particular - so I wouldn't be surprised if he started selling T68i casings for people who've upgraded!

Rgds