PDA

View Full Version : Sim Toolkit/Services Extra Menu?

PaoloWireless
02-07-2002, 08:55 PM
I have seen a phone with an extra menu called Sim Toolkit or Sim Servicves or something like that. Does anybody know how to go about adding this menu to a phone? is it in the phone, or is it on the sim?

P.S. I would also like to add the extra forwarding menus to the call forwarding list, my provider supports them but only shows the forward all calls menu, not the forward if busy, forward if out of service, etc.. . I would like them enabled because it is easier than dialing the code. Is this possible? does it require the sim to be modified? what can you guys tell me about this? thanks in advance

man0n
02-07-2002, 10:59 PM
it should be simemu, it's a simcard that allow to have 8 different phone number in 1 and use 1 at same time.

giri
02-07-2002, 10:59 PM
I think you mean SIM-EMU which is a sim clone (up to 8 numbers) using a silvercard (pic16f878/Eep16).

hope this helps

giri

PaoloWireless
03-07-2002, 04:06 AM
Thanks for telling me about the sim-emu, but it does not seem to be the answer I was looking for. I found out that for me to enable this "SIM Services" menu, My provider must support it. They currently do not, so I am out of luck. Thanks

eB
03-07-2002, 10:44 AM
This menu is provided by the operator in some sim cards. Here in Portugal this menu appears in VODAFONE for some time now. It contains "links" 4 voice mail, info, e-mail, etc.