PDA

View Full Version : Use Flash,Bios choose EPP,ECP or EPP+ECP?

lengshowa
05-08-2003, 07:27 AM
which one should i choose?

and if choose ECP(ECP+EPP), the "Mode useDMA" has two

option,"3" and "1",which is correct?:confused:

chunkhead
05-08-2003, 10:07 AM
All three should work, but ECP is the top choice!!! Laptops have another one called SPP, this doesn't work at all!;)

BOEBOE
05-08-2003, 10:52 AM
No, I'm sure it's EPP+ECP "biderictional"

lengshowa
05-08-2003, 10:52 AM
thanks upstairs:rolleyes:

lengshowa
05-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by chunkhead
All three should work, but ECP is the top choice!!! Laptops have another one called SPP, this doesn't work at all!;)

what is "biderictional" mean? i cant find this word in my dictionary.:confused:

BOEBOE
05-08-2003, 11:03 AM
This means, that the computer can "speak" with the device on the LPT1 AND that the device on the LPT1 can "speak" with the computer.

lengshowa
05-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BOEBOE
This means, that the computer can "speak" with the device on the LPT1 AND that the device on the LPT1 can "speak" with the computer.

3x your explain.My english is not good.:D

DeanRSturbo
05-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Basically the port can "speak" in both directions simultaneously at the same time :)

jeep
05-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by lengshowa
what is "biderictional" mean? i cant find this word in my dictionary.:confused: I know the meaning has been explained above, but it's actually spelt bidirectional, so no wonder you couldn't find it in the dictionary ;)

Here's a tip (it works for other languages too!) - do a search in google. It's pretty good at suggesting correct spellings and as an added bonus will usually link to "dictionary.com" to give you the meaning!

George

BOEBOE
05-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by jeep
I know the meaning has been explained above, but it's actually spelt bidirectional, so no wonder you couldn't find it in the dictionary ;)

Here's a tip (it works for other languages too!) - do a search in google. It's pretty good at suggesting correct spellings and as an added bonus will usually link to "dictionary.com" to give you the meaning!

George

Sorry,

English isn't my formal language

But, If you searched for "bid" you would have found bidirectional