PDA

View Full Version : 8310 Pin Outs?

flatchat
05-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Hi, does anyone have the pin out layout for a Nokia 8310? Is it the same as 8210 (similar pin out numbers and arrangement).
ie: Rx , Tx, GND, FBus and MBus pins?

With the problems listed on another thread about data cables frying 8310's, I wanted to check to make sure the right connections are soldered in the right pin place before hooking up the data cable to 8310 again.

Many thanks to all for any info on this subject. Might help get to the bottom of this cable/8310 issue.

Cheers :cool: :cool:

lonegunman
05-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Try here http://www.gsmhacking.com/help/cables/index.html click on Nokia and you will find the pin outs.:D

flatchat
05-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks "Lonegunman", got the pinouts but can you tell me what Vpp means?
As a data cable has 4 wires what does the Vpp pinout on the 8310 do? I've not come across it before. Is it used for data cable function or something else?

1 - Gnd
2 - MBus
3 - Vpp
4 - FBus Rx
5 - FBus Tx

All the other connections are in the right place and when I hook it all up to Logomanager, logomanager tries to connect but can't. Tried it on MBus and Fbus selected in logomanager but it still won't connect to phone.
Hence the question for Vpp

Thanks very much again :) :)

lonegunman
05-07-2002, 04:15 PM
VPP is what is used on the 3210 for flashing (something to do with turning the phone on), had a quick look in the service manual but can't seem to see anything on this, I would say you might not need it so take if off but then again this could be the worse thing to do, when I get home I will have a look at my 8310 head to see how many wires I have in that one.:D

flatchat
05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Thanks "Lonegunman", if you could do that it would be a great help. At the moment the 8310 data cable head I have doesn't have anythiing connected to the VPP pin.
If you have a wire connected to VPP then I have a dodgy data cable. :(

Thanks for all your efforts.

Cheers :grin:

lonegunman
05-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Nope mine only has the 4 wire's so mine is the same as your one, will have a read of the service manual over the weekend to see if what the VPP is all about.

flatchat
05-07-2002, 11:47 PM
I've just soldered an extra line in for the VPP and Logomanager still won't connect to 8310? :confused:
I've double checked and checked again that the data cable head connections are all correct ie: Rx, Tx, MBus etc and cos the 8310 has the intergrated SIM connector, I've even checked that the wires are all soldered to the right end connections there too.
(I used a voltmetre to test)
Everything in the datacable is as it should be but it won't work. Sure has me baffled :confused:

Has anyone got a full schematics of an 8310 data cable and also the serial port connector so I can check those are also correct?
Can anyone pick up from this anything I should look for or have cocked up?

I look forward to hearing anything you can find for the VPP in the service manual "Lonegunman".

Cheers :)

phonedudes
06-07-2002, 07:19 AM
Make sure LogoManager is setup up as Fbus NOT Mbus

Vpp would be used like said for Turning on Phone Automatically.
(Normally used when flashing) Since you have a serial FBUS cable hence no need for the vpp because its not a flasher cable.

Phonedudes

luvmunky
11-07-2002, 11:40 PM
BTemp is used to send a pulse to switch phone on or off. It is usually used for flashing.
Vpp instructs the flash to use the supply voltage for programming and is required when the phone's power differs to that required to flash.