PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting "Restriction Code" error

altIreland
06-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Hi folks,
I'm after buying a phone for my friend for their birthday. It's 2nd hand. When I turn on the phone (With the SIM in), I keep getting "Enter restriction Code" error.

I am not familar with Nokias, this is my first (Im a Siemens man), so I am confused as to exactly what sort of a 'lock' this is. I assume it does not mean the phone is blocked, as I can enter a code to 'de-restrict'

Can anyone help me here, or at least explain in some detail what exactly this code/restriction is for?

Regards,
Niall

Kaibigan
06-08-2003, 01:19 AM
According to one of the posts in this forum, the reason you are getting the error code is that the phone was locked by another cell phone provider. We need to unlock that nokia phone so that it accepts the sim card you want to use. Please tell us what Nokia model you have so someone can assist in having it unlocked. Thanks!

altIreland
06-08-2003, 01:24 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Its a 7210, IMEI 351114104694017, it was used on T-Mobile UK and im not sure what their network code is.

Thanks

altIreland
06-08-2003, 01:25 AM
Just checked network codes out, it is 23430

Kaibigan
06-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Here is the code for that phone. I suggest you enter it ONCE only then post results. If code error, don't try again. Post results here on the forum.

#pw+337436466506330+1#

If you don't mind waiting, I suggest also to wait for confirmation by more experienced user or veteran on this forum to make sure the code will work.

Thanks!

MrWolfman
06-08-2003, 03:26 PM
this is the code to use
for us networks it should always be code 7 to my knowledge

#pw+206155034403257+7#

hope this helps

Kaibigan
06-08-2003, 04:51 PM
The calc I used shows the same code as Mr Wolfman's for code 7. Please try his code first.

-mr. wolfman-
Correct me if I'm mistaken, theoretically, if code 7 works, so should 1? I haven't encountered yet where code 7 works and not 1 or vice versa.

Thanks!

MrWolfman
06-08-2003, 04:57 PM
no some codes dont accept code one
some uk phone do i think later model 3650,3510i may start to use it
it should always really be code 7 this is the all locks off
but some countries .ie usa dont have there networks setup to accept it or something that why they along with a few other countries use code 1
gsm know of an instance that uses code 4 if i remember correctly but im sure he will come along and give u more info on this

Kaibigan
06-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info, Mr Wolfman. And BTW, did you know you were featured in a special nokia novel in the lounge section? Check it out and contribute to the story if you like. :)

altIreland
06-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for all your help - Unfortunately I wont have the phone back until Sunday so I wont be able to try it until then! But I will post my results asap for refrence.

Thanks all

altIreland
11-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Hi again folks,
I have tried all codes posed on thread, but to no avail. I have now attempted THREE code entries, so I only have 2 left.

This phone was used on T-Mobile UK
IMEI: 351114104694017
Model:7210

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I need this phone for work and I am not looking forward to having to find a replacment :(

Thanks in advance.

cabbslad71
11-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by altIreland
Hi again folks,
I have tried all codes posed on thread, but to no avail. I have now attempted THREE code entries, so I only have 2 left.

This phone was used on T-Mobile UK
IMEI: 351114104694017
Model:7210

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I need this phone for work and I am not looking forward to having to find a replacment :(

Thanks in advance.

So mate your telling us this phone was bought from new from the shop and it was on t-mobile.
The code Mr Wolfman gave you is the correct code for t-mobile and your imei number.
You are removing the simcard to do this aint you?
Also its important to follow his instructions on how to enter code..

altIreland
11-08-2003, 12:24 AM
Yes, it had a TMobile sticker on the box. I followed all instructions and codes accordingly.

I have used my 5 tries, so phone is now locked I guess (it is not telling me this, it keps saying "enter SIM Card" and when I try again it just says "unable to remove restriction".... I guess the next step is to purchase a cable and unlock it that way? Is this possible with the appropriate software?

cabbslad71
11-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by altIreland
Yes, it had a TMobile sticker on the box. I followed all instructions and codes accordingly.

I have used my 5 tries, so phone is now locked I guess (it is not telling me this, it keps saying "enter SIM Card" and when I try again it just says "unable to remove restriction".... I guess the next step is to purchase a cable and unlock it that way? Is this possible with the appropriate software?

You need to speak to Mr wolfman or Gsm Community for advice on unlocking by cable.. You only get the five goes this way but not to sure about the cable way................

altIreland
11-08-2003, 12:59 AM
OK thanks,
so MrWolfman, can this be done via cable? The phone is NOT blocked, it still lets me enter a 'Restriction Code' When SIM is entered, just I cant unlock it anymore using the methods described above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks folks.

gsm community
11-08-2003, 01:04 AM
there is no free solution

you need someone with griffin box or bwinlock WITH cable!!

altIreland
11-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Is this option expensive?
I'm planning on buying a DCT4 cable for my 7250 anyway for transferring pictures, etc.

Can I fix my problem if I have the cable by downloading software from the 'net or anything?