PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Nokia 5165 v.6.03

05-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Is any one know how to unlock Nokia 5165 v6.03... I have couple phone have 2 kind of lock ... 1. SOC lock.....2.After change SID and SOC ...it will roam and Cingular ...is that AT&T lock ? and how to unlock it....
Thanks

ismael_mj23
06-07-2002, 02:20 AM
Well the problem is that the SID and/or Soc you are programming to the phones is/are included in the forbidden soc or sid list. With wintesla go into the Intelligent Roaming Database, read the phone and modify the forbidden list by removing your soc and sid from it.

That Should Do it. By the way you should change alpha tags too.

Ismael

06-07-2002, 05:52 AM
I did but still doesn't work...I empty IRDB ...nothing in IRDB...
..Still Roam.
Thank you for your help

ismael_mj23
06-07-2002, 06:52 AM
Be sure that:

1- The cellular service provider assigned the correct esn

2- You programmed the right phone number, sid and soc.

3- Verify internal ESN, some time back cases get changed.

4- Verify in the settings menu that your phone is searching for home only system.

Ismael

phonedudes
06-07-2002, 07:38 AM
Do check some of the basics listed, however if you do have a 5165 there will NOT be a 'home only' in system settings as 'ismael' stated. So dont bother looking.

If it was originally a AT&T 5165 the phone was setup for the A (band carrier) and depending where you are Cingular when using TDMA is most likely the B (band carrier)

If it is now 'Band Unlocked' be sure the band order is setup accordingly.

Phonedudes:cool: :D

06-07-2002, 03:10 PM
I have another 5165, It got SOC lock and after unlock...It is fine...working on either band A (AT&T) or band B(Cingular)
I use this phone and transfer IRDB and user information to 5165 AT&T .... still roam.
I check version. It is the same, band order, SID, SOC that same but if I enable test field,,,, I will see the different. Menu 4:
AT&T phone show AT&T's SID period ___ 4
another phone show whatever SID ___ 4
I wonder why I can't do it ... maybe I am just a newbie....
Thank you for your help you guys.....;)

ismael_mj23
06-07-2002, 03:16 PM
I still think there something wrong either with programming or the esn assigned. I activate this kind of phone all the time, and I have never had to checked band order when the phone is unlocked with the tdma unlocker.

Ismael

07-07-2002, 02:16 AM
Maybe ESN is locked on AT&T

sham
10-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Hi GURUs !

I'm new in phone unlockin..
I need software to unlock ATT and Cingular tdma phones in Russia.
Please help me.

world
28-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Hi ppl,
is there some kind of award for stupidity, if so I would like someone to nominate me. Here is want I did:

impatient as usual, I got into the service program and started playing. I have no idea what the setting were or are supposed to be. (tho to be fair, the phone was giving me problems).

Is there some easy way to undo my blunder? (ie flash, magic reset or something)? I did get to the regular restore factory defaults. I am on the ATT system, the phone is a 5165 w/ V6.03.

phonedudes
29-07-2002, 12:19 AM
You didnt say what it was you want to undo or what your problem was.

You also didnt say what program you did what with.

Please provide more details.

PHONEDUDES
:grin: :-D

world
29-07-2002, 01:42 AM
Thanks for getting back to me phonedudes. I was changing settings in the "NAM 1" settings areaI may ahve changed "home SOC", gateway #, operator code (SOC), PSP, POF, PSID/RSID and probibly most other things. It wasnt getting better, so I figured I couldn't make it worse. I guess If there was a setting, I probibly changed it. However, I did leave alone the Home system ID and my number

This should be a lesson to all you tinkers.

Hopefully after you get done laughing at me, there is an easy wany to undo my blunder. (do I get than nomination?)

Silva
29-07-2002, 04:57 AM
Hi,
I have the software to unlock this phone.
Mail me : [email protected]
Best regards,
Silva.:)

world
29-07-2002, 12:28 PM
Thanks, but the phone is not locked (I have already unlocked the phone). I was just looking for some help resetting it.

Silva
29-07-2002, 01:16 PM
In the wintesla,
software,
set default values,
Fixed Factory & UI.

Best regards,
Silva.

world
29-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks Silva, I have that prgram, but evidently it requires a dongle. I have a M/F bus cable, but this dongle is a differant item I gather (seems it uses the parallel port). Can I make one or get one easily?

Thanks again for all your help

phonedudes
29-07-2002, 04:37 PM
@world

You can set the Home SOC to 2049, Gateway # to 0, All your PSID/RSID's 1-5 to (0) Zero as well as the connected system id.
Also 0 out the POF and PSP's

You said you left the Sys Id alone and your MIN ... then you should be working...

Basically the short of it is MAKE EVERYTHING (0) ZERO. Except the things stated.

PHONEDUDES :):):)

world
29-07-2002, 06:45 PM
PhoneDudes,
what more can I say. :D
all hail PhoneDudes, a true nokia guru!

thanks bunches!

phonedudes
29-07-2002, 10:29 PM
@world

Assuming all went well and your working again...

Remember 'Note to self -- Do not play w/funny areas of nam programming :) '

What in the 'world' were you trying to do??

Phonedudes

:D