PDA

View Full Version : How to edit EEPROM File

deepakjakhar
08-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi all,
i have got software for reading / writing eeprom to my kyocera 2235. and i have successfully read the EEPROM file and the program saved it as .qcn file, Now if i want to edit this file for
changing the esn, how do i go about that???? How can i find esn number in file, what is the correct way to change ESN info in EEPROM file? what would be the step by step procedure? do check sum is required??

Please help your friend.
My email: urs_truly_dj(at)yahoodotcom
Thanks in advance
DJ

Mobile Lab
08-08-2003, 10:04 AM
Move to Various other phone types section.

Thanks n Regrads

ci.com
11-08-2003, 01:11 AM
If i wanted to change an ESN on Kyocera I would probably use a program called PSTDM, in the command prompt use something like

NV_Write ESN{EF2C1245}

And if the program happened to say the security sate is locked I would enter 01 16 times to unlock it

Good Luck

PS Qualcomm chips are a joke

deepakjakhar
11-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by ci.com
If i wanted to change an ESN on Kyocera I would probably use a program called PSTDM, in the command prompt use something like

NV_Write ESN{EF2C1245}

And if the program happened to say the security sate is locked I would enter 01 16 times to unlock it

Good Luck

PS Qualcomm chips are a joke

Thank you very much for your reply, where can i get that software PSTDM and are you sure that this will work with kyocera 2235.
thanks in advance.
Brgds,
DJ

ci.com
11-08-2003, 03:09 PM
DJ,

I would search the internet for the software. I had to purchase my copy so I cannot give it out. CDMA and TDMA software is not free in amny places. Sorry

Yes I am sure it will work for the 2235 unless you have some odd-ball security lock state on the phones. The security state can be bypassed if the Password is not known but that software is expensive and hard to use.

I have never seen a kyocera with a security state password other than 10

good luck